Proposal.

My dads tall 6 foot frame stood in the door way to the dinning room, his brown eyes trained on Louis, who kept eye contact with him, slowly standing up and making his way toward the older man. "Louis my boy!" He said happily, pulling him into a hug, "How was the tour? Have you finally come to ask permission for my daughters hand in marriage?" I blushed while Louis shook his head no, "Well, some day then my boy, now sit! Let's have dinner." He pat Louis on the back, making his way to the table, kissing my head on the way  and sitting down beside me mother. Dad started in on his dinner, looking up at Louis and I who were sitting together, "You know, you don't have to ask permission to date her Louis."

I blushed as Louis grabbed my hand under the table. "I know sir, but we are just friends- Sorry, best friends."  My heart sank, oh, so that's how he felt when I said that. When I was done with my food, I slouched down in my chair, "You okay, Bunny? Louis looked over at me, concern in his eyes.

I gave him a tiny smile, "Nothing, just peachy. I'm going to wash my dishes." I got up, grabbing my plate and silverware and stalking off toward the kitchen. I set the plate down, rolling up my sleeves so I wouldn't get them wet.

"You love him." My mum said, walking into the kitchen and scaring the living day lights out of me, "You don't know it yourself, but your father and I can see it. Celeste, just open your eyes." She came over putting a hand on my arm.

I turned around, glaring at her, "You have got to be kidding me, Mum!" I scoff, "I don't love him, he's my best friend. That's it. Get off my case!" My eyes widened as hurt flashed through her eyes, never in my life have I yelled at my mum. "I'm, I'm so sorry mummy, I don't know what came over me." Tears filled my eyes as she pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry."

She rubbed my back in soothing circles, "It's okay, love. You didn't mean it, I understand." I silently thanked her for not being mad at me. "I'm sorry for bring it up. Now, lets bring in the cake that I made."

I rolled my eyes after wiping the tears that spilled out, "How much sweets did you make?" she smiled at me, shrugging her shoulders before picking up the cake and walking back into the dinning room.

Louis' eyes snapped to me, before he smiled and walked over to me, hugging my small frame against his, "Are you okay, Bunny? Do you need to talk?" I loved that Louis could tell when I was upset.

I shook my head, "We'll talk later when we get back to the flat, now move fatty! I want cake!" I pushed him aside, rushing to the table and cutting a slice of cake for myself.

Louis chuckled, walking up behind me and putting his hands on my shoulder, "You're the one running for the cake, and I'm the fatty?" I elbowed him, "Now that isn't nice, Bunny." He laughed again before cutting himself a slice of cake and sitting down next to me again. "Thanks for the lovely dinner mum and dad, but I think it's time we bid you a goodbye." Louis said after he finished washing his plates.

My mum tsked. "Us old folk don't need to go to bed this early, you are welcome to stay." Louis shook his head no before wrapping her into a hug, "Well, it was lovely to see you again dear, you can come back any time. Its my understanding you are off for a year, right?"

Louis smiled at her, nodding his head, "Yes, ma'am. I will visit and I'll make sure to bring Celbells," He walked over to my father, sticking his hand out for a handshake, but he had other ideas, my dad pulled him into a tight hug, rubbing his back and whispering something in his ear that made Louis laugh. "It was nice seeing you again sir."

My dad made a face at Louis, "You know you can call me Carl, or dad." Yeah, my dads name was Carl, weird right? "Just, come visit soon, your parents should be getting back in a couple of weeks."

With that we were on our way after getting a couple more hugs and food from my mum who though I was going to starve. "Louis, you know I can drive, right?" I asked, as he slipped into the drivers seat yet again.

He laughed at my, "Yes, I know that, Love. Let's just go back home and watch a film, yeah?" I sighed, sliding into the passengers seat, it felt so weird sitting here, I was so used to driving. "What was up with you at dinner."

I sighed again, "I'll tell you when we get back to the flat." The rest of the car ride home was completely awkward, you could feel the awkwardness in the air. "I'm going to change into some pj's. By the way, Liam texted me and said Paul dropped off your suitcases and they are in the spare room." I made my way to my room, opening to door and quickly closing it. Why would things be awkward with us? We are best friends. I sighed, running my hand through my hair which was beginning to get curly again. I slipped off my skinny jeans, throwing them on the floor, along with my shirt. I put on some shorts and a tank top, it was actually warm in the flat, I guess one of the boys got cold last night.

Louis wolf whistled as I stepped into the living room, "You have grown up quite a bit Celeste." I blushed at his comment, "You are so adorable when you do that." Now that comment I was used to, rolling my eyes I sat down on the couch, curling my legs underneath me. "Horror flick or comedy? Wait, what am I doing asking, you want a romcom." Yep, a romance comedy, Louis knew me to well. He settled on a random movie, "So, tell me, why were you upset at dinner."

I gulped, fidgeting under his gaze. What if I told him and it ruined our friendship? Hey, Louis, I sort of have feelings for you. Cut it out, Celeste, you are an adult, you can do this. "Ikindofhaveromanticfeelingsforyou." I said without taking a breath. I looked up at Louis's confused face, "Oh, my God, it's embarrassing as is, don't make me say it again." I blushed, hiding my face in my hands.

After a minute, Louis snapped out of it, taking my hands from my face and placing his own on my cheeks, "I-" He stopped himself, looking down, sorting out what to say, "I have waited for so long to hear you say those words, Bunny." I looked at him, confusion written all over my face, "What I'm saying, is this." He leaned in, closing his eyes. Oh, my god, was Louis, my best friend, about to kiss me? My question was answered as he lightly pressed his lips to mine. My eyes instantly closed, my arms snaking around his neck. Our lips moved in complete sync, I even felt the tiny sparks where is lips were pressed to mine. He pulled away all to soon, resting his forehead on mine, I smiled at him through  dazed eyes, "Do you get it now? Celeste, I have been in love with you since we shared our first kiss together." I blushed, remembering that each of our first kiss was with each other when we were 12. "I even loved you when you were a cute 8 year old with pig tails. Celeste, we have been best friends with each other our whole lives, and I'm just now realizing that I love you more then a best friend."

I was breathless, I had no idea what to say. Louis Tomlinson, my best friend, just confessed his love for me and all I could do was sit there with my bottom lip trembling.  How long had I been waiting to hear that? I wasn't even completely sure that I was in love with him until the conversation with mum. What am I supposed to say? I realized I was just sitting there, looking dumb so I parted my lips to speak, "So, what does this mean?"

He grabbed my hands, smiling ear to ear, "Only one thing," I gave him another confused look, "Will you finally be my girlfriend Celeste?"

___________________________________________________

Yep, it's kind of short, but I wanted to end it there, great cliff hanger eh? So, what did you guys think? Comment your thoughts, Like/vote, fan so you'll know when I update and share with your friends, please!

Lots Of Love~