Chapter 7: There's a First Time for Everything

Vani

"Brandon, keep yo goddamn hands off my shit!"

He sat on the toilet, adding my expensive curl cream to his hair as I finished mine. I opted to twist my hair and tie a blue scarf around it instead of my usual puff ball.

"I don't understand why everybody is coming, I thought this was my date with Sharife?" I said going into my room with Brandon right behind me.

"Everybody is coming because it's your first date goofy mafucker. Plus, if it goes well, he'll be your first boyfriend. Us being there is gonna make it less awkward for you two silent fucks, you're welcome in advance."

I looked in my mirror and looked over my outfit. I decided to wear ripped jeans, a blue Thrasher shirt, and my Vans because I wanted to be comfortable since our original plans got altered because everybody decided to come with us.

"Girl quit looking at yourself, you look fine. He like yo fathead ass in whatever you wear anyway." Brandon said laying back on my bed scrolling through his phone.

"I don't even know why I invited you over?"

"You didn't, your parents did."

"Make yourself useful and take my picture, and no, I don't mean just one picture smart ass. You better take good ones or you'll be taking 'em til you get it right."

He groaned, sitting up and lazily taking pictures before I punched him, then he started to put effort into it. In the middle of our small photo shoot, I heard my dad make his way up the steps and he leaned on my door frame, smiling at us.

"I remember having to chase y'all and Max around just to get y'all to sit down and shut up and now look at y'all, my baby going on her first date and my godsons are chaperoning her. Life is wild man." He said wiping a fake tear.

"Don't get all sentimental dad." I said sarcastically.

"Don't worry about anything Big Sam, I'll make sure nothing happens tonight, and I do mean nothing." He said walking to my dad and they leaned against each other.

"Boy please, I'm older than you so you ain't running a thing." I said putting in my earrings and they both looked at me like I was crazy.

"Vani, they here!" I heard Sammy call from down stairs.

I grabbed my purse and shooed Brandon and my dad down the steps. I checked my outfit in the mirror again and added another layer of gloss before Brandon thumped me and pulled me towards the living room.

"Vani you look very nice, come here." My mom said pulling me into her arms.

She kissed my forehead and gave me a hug. She then summoned Brandon and he pushed me out of the way to sit his bony ass on my momma.

"Brandon, I need you to be my eyes and ears. I need you to report everything back to me."

"No problem Miel, I gotchu." They whispered to each other and I rolled my eyes at their joke.

"Come on Agent 47, they waiting on us."

"Zach and Dad are outside questioning Sharife. It's pretty damn funny." Sammy said standing at the front door.

Oh fucking Lord.

I walked outside with them behind me but I had to stay back to help Sammy down the stairs because Brandon was lazy.

"Bitch is that a Maserati?" I said cocking my head to the side.

"Bitch, I think it is." Sammy said nudging me.