Chapter 10: Afterparty

Sharife

Soma decided to have the after party for all of Vani's school friends and teammates at her house, but it was a way bigger turnout than expected. I pushed through the crowd with Jalen, Omar, and Josh behind me and we made it to the kitchen where there was a small crowd around Avani. I knew how nervous she got in crowds so I pushed through everybody and wrapped my arm around her waist.

She had changed from her dress into a black laced crop top and a blue pair of flare pants that made her ass sit up nice. I ran my hand over her exposed skin and she looked up at me and smiled. Her lipgloss shined as she showcased the rose gold grill that Soma had custom made for her.

"Hey baby, yo ass finally made it." She said playfully rolling her eyes.

"I had to handle some business but I'm here. Now let's talk about allat shit you was talking at the table." I said grabbing her ass on the low.

"AHT No! Vani you need to come talk to a couple people first, then y'all can get nasty." Umi said grabbing her hand and pulling her away into the party.

~

Omar, Jalen, and Josh all dispersed into the party once I left to go to Vani, so I grabbed a cup of Jungle Juice and found a corner to vibe in. I looked out into the crowd and saw people throwing back Jell-O shots and tequila, vaping, and half naked bodies pressed together. I found myself getting dizzy, so I pushed through the crowd and went outside to sit and clear my head. Niggas were splashing in the pool as I sipped from my cup when the smell of weed started fill my nose. I looked around and saw Soma and BJ sitting at a table with one of the stoners that I recognized from school. I walked over to them and the scent got stronger.

This better than that vape shit

"Wassup y'all."

"Hey what's up Rife, how you doing my guy?"

"Shit nothing, here to celebrate with Vani. What y'all up to?"

I answered pulling up a chair. I didn't say nothing about our relationship cause I know Avani is a private person and I don't know if she's ready for everybody to know that we're dating yet. There has been rumors but we never really answered them or paid them any mind.

"Shit nothing, my uncle brought me some Indica from Cali, wanna hit?" Jaylen said passing the blunt to Soma.

"Nah, just my luck my dad will fuck around and drug test me. The second hand is enough fa' me." I said as Soma passed it to Melani.

"Melani why you smoking? I thought you was doing cheer this year." I questioned.

"Me too, apparently Halle thought I wasn't ready."

"You've been cheering since the third grade."

"Exactly, fuck her." She said taking a pull from the blunt.

"I'll be back, gotta make sure these niggas ain't fucking up my house." Soma said getting up and walking in.

"What's y'all beef? I always thought y'all was decent friends." BJ asked sipping from his cup.

"She's a control freak. If she can't control it, she don't wanna be around it. She ain't controlling shit 'round these parts and I ain't never been pressed about being friends with nobody, popularity is not that serious to me." She shrugged.

"I told you that you needed to quit fucking with Halle anyway. She fucks up the vibe whenever she comes around. C'mon, I wanna go kick it with the birthday girl." Jaylen said putting the blunt out and grabbing Melani's hand.