Chapter 8: Sneaky Link

Vani

"Ayo, where's your controller at? I'm tryna see what Mafia 3 hitting on." Brandon asked laying across the bottom of my bed.

"You clearly see that I'm writing, why not look for it BJ?" I said looking blankly at where it was sitting.

"Why would I look when I know you had it last and you know where it is."

Fucking shithead

I pointed to my craft table and he grabbed it, settling in my chair and cutting on the game. I tried to tune out his noise and the sound of power tools from Zach putting together the rest of the baby stuff but it wasn't working. I felt my phone buzz under my thigh and I picked it up, smiling to myself once I seen who it was.

Rife💋💦
I'm bored😴

Rife💋💦
Let's go on an adventure, Pleaseee

Rife💋💦
I'm bout to pull up to your house

"Who blowing yo phone up lil ugly?" BJ asked, stuffing his face with my leftover chips.

"Mind yours, big ugly."

Mammas😚😋🧡
Do you realize what time it is, on a school night?

Rife💋💦
Sneak out. Ima be up the street with my lights off in 5 minutes, dress comfortable

I sighed and looked at BJ, I know he likes me and Rife together but I know he's gonna snitch or freak out if I tell him I'm sneaking out to see Rife. I got up from my bed and threw a random hoodie on, adjusted my sweats, and slid on my Crocs. I grabbed my phone, lipgloss, keys, and wallet before BJ stood up and grabbed me.

"Where the hell you going this late?"

"I'm going to the field. A couple of the girls from the team are there and they're running drills for our game next week."

"I'll come with yo-"

"That won't be necessary, Soma is waiting for me up the street. I'll be ight." He eyed me sideways and let go of my arm.

"Call me when you get there, so I know you made it safe."

I told him okay and left out. I checked in my parents room to make sure they were sleep before going downstairs. I damn near made it to the door when I heard the basement door open and Sammy's pregnant ass waddled over to me.

"And just where do you think your going?"

"I'm going to the field with Soma, we're gonna run some drills."

"That's nice, but Soma and Max are at his house studying. So ima ask you one more time, where are you going?" She said with a smirk on her face.

How the fuck do she be knowing where everybody be at?

"You can't lie to me Avani, your poker face sucks ass." She said brushing past me, going to the refrigerator.

"Bruh, if I tell you, you cannot tell momma, daddy, or BJ big mouth ass."

"I promise."

"Rife is waiting for me up the street, he wanna go on a drive."

"Vani, it's a school night and it's almost eleven."