6

Tyler's pov.

I've stayed in the dg for a week now, I spoke to MayLi and Scott and they said I can stay here for as long as I want. That's exactly what I'm going to do, Jody needs me here. I'm not even bothered about the Lucas thing anymore, mostly because she explained everything about why she did it and I understand how she felt. I wasn't there and she needed someone. Lucas was there for her when she needed someone to distract her from her thoughts and from her illness and I'm always going to be thankful for that, but also a little annoyed I guess. I know she didn't really try to replace me but it still hurts a little.

The past week I've tried to make Jody feel as happy as possible, we've gone out on three dates and watched movies in the living room every night before bedtime. As I don't actually live here, MayLi and Scott can't stop us from being alone in the same room anymore. We have to follow the other rules though, there are rules for everything in this place. We are allowed to be in the same room alone but not with the door closed and we have to sleep in our own rooms. Obviously, we broke that rule the first night I stayed over but none needs to know that.

I looked down at Jody who's leaning against my chest while watching the movie, I reached down to play with her hair gently which caused her to look up at me and smile.

I smiled back, " how are you feeling today? Dizzy? Headache? "

I know Jody doesn't want anyone else to know about her illness so I haven't told anyone about it and only ask questions when none else is there, well that's what I thought.

She shook her head, " today has been a pretty good day, I think the new medicine I got is working. "

I smiled and relaxed, " that's great Jodes. "

I leaned down and kissed her forehead then turned my attention back to the tv.

Neither of us noticed MayLi standing behind us in the doorway with a worried look on her face.

---

After we had finished eating dinner I helped Jody to do her chores, we've helped each other with our chores for as long as I can remember, even if the job is cleaning the toilet.

Living here again made me realize how much I missed this place, sure we argue sometimes and there's no such thing as privacy, but it's home. We're a big, messy family.

Jody nudged my arm lightly, " earth to Tyler, are you listening to me? "

I turned my head to look at her, " sorry what? I got lost in my thoughts. "

She rolled her eyes, " I just asked if you want to go to the park or something tomorrow after breakfast? "

I smiled and nodded, " yeah course, we can buy some ice cream too. "

She giggled and put the dry plates in the cupboard. She still has to stand on her tippy toes to reach the highest shelf, I find it very cute. She noticed me staring at her so she raised her eyebrows and gave me a confused look, " what? "

I shrugged my shoulders, " you're short, it's cute. "

Her cheeks turned into a light shade of pink, " I'm not that short, you're just extremely tall. "

I laughed and shook my head. I watched her as she went upstairs, probably to go to the bathroom or she would have told me to follow her. I'm so relieved that her medicine is working, I don't know what I'd do if something bad happened to her. I need her.

MayLi walked up to me, " can I have a word in the office, please? "

I nodded and followed her to the office and sat down on the sofa.

She sat down by her desk, " I heard you and Jody talking earlier, about her health. "

Oh no.

As I didn't answer she continued, " she said something about taking medicine? If she's been going to see a doctor because something is wrong she should have told us. "

I sighed, " look, she's getting better isn't that all that matters? She told me she doesn't want anyone else to know. "

She slowly nodded, " of course it's good that she's getting better, but we still need to know about stuff like this Tyler. Has this got anything to do with why you still haven't gone back to your mum in St Lucia? "

I nodded, " I understand I just didn't want to say something when she clearly didn't want me to. And yes, I can't leave her when she isn't well. "

She grabbed her phone and started dialing a number, " okay, you know you're welcome to stay. I still need to call Jody's doctor though, even if it's not what she wants. "

I gave in and nodded, I can't stop her from doing it, it's her job and maybe it's for the best. We can find out more about how we can support her and everything like that. I watched and listened as MayLi spoke to the doctor.

Jody's POV.

Scott stopped me when I was on my way to the spare room where Tyler has been sleeping the past week, " MayLi told me she wants to talk with you in the office. "

I rolled my eyes and nodded. I know what she's going to say, I haven't cleaned my room and I was supposed to do that two days ago.

I went inside the office where I saw MayLi sitting by her desk, but also Tyler sitting on the sofa. They both looked confused and maybe even a little disappointed.

I sat down next to Tyler and looked at MayLi, " Scott said you wanted to talk with me? Why is Tyler here too? We haven't broken any rules. "

MayLi shook her head, " I know you haven't, it's not about you and Tyler. "

I looked confused, " what is it about then? "

I turned to Tyler as he started speaking, " she overheard us earlier when we talked about you and your "illness". "

I gulped.

MayLi nodded, " I called your doctor to find out what was going on with you, only to find out nothing is wrong with you. You haven't been in hospital since that incident in the gym with your hand and you're definitely not taking any medicine. So the question is, why have you been lying? "

I'm in deep trouble.

I looked at Tyler, he didn't look confused anymore. Just disappointed, sad maybe even angry. I let him down. I felt my breathing getting heavier, he's going to leave me again. He hates me.

I quickly got up and ran out of the office and ignored MayLi and Tyler calling my name. I grabbed my jacket and opened the front door, I saw a bus on the other side of the street and got on it right before it drove off with me in it.

I watched Tyler running after the bus for a while before he disappeared from my view.

I've really messed up this time, what am I going to do?

---

That's chapter 6! Don't forget to vote and comment :)