03: forgotten

a/n: pls don't be ghost readers

*

*

*

"How annoying can this human get?" I mumbled to myself

Melissa had been following me since I've met her and won't leave me alone. I'm currently trying to get rid of her and then head towards the cafeteria. Hopefully, she will get lost. It's like I have my own personal stalker, but I think there is a reason why she's doing this. There is a huge crowd in front of us and I stop for a moment. She stops along with me.

"Why'd you stop? I thought we were gonna see your friends."she assumed.

I sighed. I realised something, I can't ever make her loose track of me. We'll obviously find me in the cafeteria. She'll always follow me. Well, there's only one thing I can do now and that's, let her be.

I start walking through the crowd with Melissa trying to catch up to me. As we make our way through, I spot Jojo. He makes his way towards me.

"Aye, Rune. Who is this shortie with you?" he asks me.

"Well..this is a..stranger who needs my help because she's lost. Poor thing, kept following me." I told him and all I got was 'oh'.

"Wait what? I'm not lost!" she interferes.

"Then, bye." and I took off with Jojo. I hope I never see her again, if I'm lucky enough.

"That was strange." he tells me and I couldn't agree more. "Indeed." I replied.

We reached our spot and sat down with Lia and Conner. Conner was copying Lia's homework and she was busy eating. I told her everything about what happened today and she was surprised that Melissa came out of nowhere and, especially, talk to me. I feel like there is something fishy with her. It couldn't be a coincidence that the girl I never talked to, decides to talk to me when I know she likes Jewel. I think she knows.

"Hey, Rune, Happy birthday. In advance. I also need the cake." Conner says, out of the blue.

"What..?" I asked.

"Don't tell me you forgot your own birthday, even Rhaegal's." Amelia teased.

"Wait. When's my birthday again?" I asked them, sheepishly. I clearly forgot about that day, the day I was brought to this horrible place.

"Seriously? You forgot?" Amelia asked in serious manner, I've never seen her look serious for important things.

"Uh.. Can I also know when is her birthday?" Jojo asked sheepishly. He forgot too, I guess.

"It's next week. I better get cake, especially chocolate! " Conner demanded. I laughed at that. "Or else, I ain't coming."

"Sure, besides I love chocolate. I won't accept any other cake my parents get me." I stated. "Good." he replied.