13: back on earth

"Hey

"Hey. . . you two are wearing new clothes." Dad states, observing our new amazingly beautiful outfits.

We were back on earth, away from Enchantra. I had grown closer to my home world after the visit, now I could only visit there again after I graduate. My tears had dried up a while back.

"Yeah, you're mama bought this for us." Rae tells, laughing.

"Oh my god." Dad mumbled under his breath, pulling a face. "How is she and everybody?" he asked us.

"Oh they're fine. Also, you you better ring them up, they're somewhat unhappy with you." I warn dad.

"I mean, considering the fact that I've been ignoring their calls, it's obvious that they're unhappy." Dad sighs, shaking his head at his own mistakes.

"Well, it's your fault for being a prick." Rae interjects, and Dad glares daggers at the male.

"Adriel's words, not mine." Rae defends himself.

"Whatever, I'm still hitting you." Dad says as he swats Rae's head.

"Wow, grandma was right. You're a meanie." I sighed, watching them.

"Whatever, let's leave." Dad says, walking away from us. "Also, you two have to go to school today."

"Wait- we just got here!" I whined. Dad then told me to shut my mouth. I seriously don't want to go to school today but I guess I have to if I need to catch up with everything that I missed. I can't get afford getting bad grades.

"Should we tell him?" Rae whispers from beside me. I look at him confused.

"Uh, about what?" I asked him.

"About Jewel." he answers me. Oh, now I get it.

"Tell me what?" Dad stops walking and turns to look at us. "And who's Jewel?" He looks at us for an answer.

"Well, you see dad. . . I found my mate back in Enchantra." I answer him.

His eyes widened, his mouth parting. "Eh? You're not kidding me, right?" he stares intently at me, not believing me.

"Dad, why would I lie to you?" I ask him. I can't believe he doesn't believe me, his favourite child.

"Well, you've lied to me several time to get free money from me." he crosses his arms over his chest.

Oh shit.

"Okay, I've lied about that. But I'm not lying now." I tell him. "Ask Rae, he's seen her. She's really pretty pretty."

"Yeah, and she's a dragon shifter." he adds.

"A dragon shifter. . ." he mutters. I wonder what this old man is thinking.

"I have a picture of her!" I take out a polaroid picture that was with me. The picture included me and Jewel, posing away as a stranger takes a picture of us. It was the time when we visited the Evatia Museum. I show it to dad.