04: our birthday

Many people had come to the party, mostly for the food

Many people had come to the party, mostly for the food. My friends, Rae's friends; some of the football team, few cheerleaders, and some of our mom and dad's friend's family also came. I don't know why. There were also little demons; kids. Everyone was getting along with each other just fine, I think. Most of the people here are actually creatures of my kind, who are here to celebrate the special occasion.

We were in the living room, greeting the guests. Mom says that it's called being respectful. I honestly couldn't care less. I just wanted the cake...and my mate, if they were here.

I had finished greeting my friends who were from a pack, when I saw Melissa come in my house. Who let her in? And why?

I sighed, knowing that I had to deal with her tonight. And it looks like my luck just didn't seemed to work when I watch her come up to me for whatever reasons.

"Happy birthday, Rune!" she wished, all too excitedly. "You're finally eighteen, an official adult!"

"I'm technically, still not eighteen yet." I tell her, checking the clock that hung from the wall. There's still few more minutes to wait for, since, I was born at 10:13pm. But, she doesn't need to know about this. "I can show the exit, if you're lost." I said, smiling.

"Okay, rude. And I know that I'm at the right house." she scoffs. "Besides, I'm just here to celebrat--"

"--And also here for the food." I added after I had interrupted her, knowing it was technically the truth.

"I mean, Aren't we all." she laughs.

See? Just like I said.

"Listen, just don't get on my nerves." I tell her, my smile dropping.

"Calm down, girl. I won't do anything." she tells me. I know what she's trying to do. She's either trying to get on my good side or get on my nerves. Ether way, I don't trust her for some reason. Humans can be deceiving.

"Anyway, I need to talk to other people that are important. Bye, Lissa." I push her aside, heading somewhere else. Did I just come up with a nickname for her..seriously, what's wrong with me! I mean, her name is long.

I was heading towards Rae who was busy talking to Rupert, he had come like he had promised. He was a friend of mine, we went to the same violin classes.

"Hey, y'all. " I greet them, smiling, particularly Rupert.

"Hey, Rune. Your brother is as great as you." he praises, I'll take that as a compliment for me.

"He's great in his own way." I tell Rupert. Rae smiles towards me. "He's not bad either."he tells me.

"Anyway, you guys keep talking. I'll go find Amelia." I tell and walk away to find her.

I meet Conner on the way. "Hey, Connie. How's everything?" I ask him."Don't call me that!" he pouts, but continues munching down the cupcakes.

"It's great. I just hope that there's enough chocolate cake left by the end." he tells me.

"Don't worry about it. There's more." I assure him. He smiles excitedly when I tell him this. Cute, he's like a baby.

"Have you seen Amelia?" I ask him. "Uh..not really. I was with her, but then I came here to eat the cupcakes." he tells me. "She was talking to this blonde headed girl. I think her name was Sandra, I guess." he continues telling me, with his mouth full. I could understand him, as I was used to this.

"Oh! It must be Janet." I tell to myself.

He swallows and asks me "You know that girl?" looking puzzled.

"Yeah, she used to come to my mom's bakery often. We also used to go to the same violin classes. We became friends then." I answered him. He mouths an 'oh'. "So, wait--are all the other people here your other friends?" he asks me, stunned.

"Not really, some of them are my friends and the other's are Rae's and the rest are my parent's." I tell him.

"I think I'll go find Amelia." I inform him. "Tell me if you need anything." he nods.

I head off, in search for her. I politely asked the people to get out of my way, as I moved. I was suddenly stopped by a voice.

"Rune!" I turn around to face the owner of the voice that had been calling me...it was Jewel. She's dressed in a red dress that fits her hour-glass shaped figure, she was fantastic.

"Hey, Jewel!" I greet her. "How's it going?" I ask her.

"It's great. You have such a lovely house." she compliments. I'm offended by this. I'm right in front of her wearing an amazing dress and she's compliment my house. Great!

"Uh...thanks." I reply. She continues talking with me. "I didn't know that you were Rhaegal's twin in the beginning. But, after finding out, I realised that you guys look the same."

I'm offended! Again! She's upsetting me, on my birthday. "Uh..isn't that the point..?" I tell her and she laughs.

As me and Jewel continued talking, a wild Melissa appeared from nowhere. "Hey, guys." she greets us in her high pitched voice, I internally cringe at it. I thought I told her to get lost, away from me.

Jewel was the first to greet her. "Hey, Mel!" then I greeted. "Hey, Lissa..." I greeted.

"You have a different nickname for her." Jewel says. "So do you." I tell her.

"She literally came up with it in a matter of seconds when we met." Lissa butts in. That's not the complete truth.

Suddenly, it felt like we had nothing to talk about anymore, it got silent or rather awkward. This is all Melissa's fault! "I think I'll go drink something." Jewel breaks the silence. "I'll catch up with you guys later. Bye!"

When Jewel was a safe distance away from us, I drag Melissa to the part of the house that was lonely. "What's your deal?!" I whisper-shout at her.

"I'm gonna let you win!" she answers me. I looked at her, clearly confused. "What are you talking about?" I asked her.

"You know what I'm talking about. Don't act like you don't know it." I'm still confused, this woman is making my head hurt with all this thinking. "Can you, please, communicate with me like a normal human being?" I ask her.

"Ugh! I'm talking about Jewel! She's mine!" she finally admitted. So,this was what all the fuss was about? I'm a bit amused by this revelation. I suddenly, remember Amelia telling me about a girl liking Jewel. Maybe that girl is Melissa... and I'm a dumbass. I think.

"This was the thing? This is such a silly reason for you to follow me." I tell her. She looked stunned "How do you know that?" she asks. "You don't need to know it. Besides, Jewel ain't your girlfriend so it would be nice if you stop acting all possessive." I tried making her understand.

"You don't tel--"she was interrupted by a loud voice.

"WHERE ARE THE BIRTHDAY BABIES?" someone, some idiot, shouts. I could hear people laughing. I'm highly embarrassed that there are humans out there like this. But anyways, time for the cake.

"Care to join me?" I ask her. She just walks off, ignoring my question. I wonder, if I actually upset her.

I walk towards the living room, putting a smile on my face. everyone turns towards me. Rae joins me, clearly exited, for the huge cake our dear mother made.

"Aren't you excited?" he asks me, excitedly.

"Of course, I am." I answer him. I just hope that the moon goddess has a someone for us, it would be heart wrenching and annoying to see Rae sulking like a kid. I wouldn't care if I don't find my mate, all that matters to me is Rae's feelings.

"Come on, let's go devour that cake." I tell him, dragging him through the crowd.