14: reassurance

I was doing my best to concentrate on learning, I had an upcoming test which I have to ace

I was doing my best to concentrate on learning, I had an upcoming test which I have to ace. I had parents that needed to be proud of me, their only daughter. Soon I got a text from a certain someone which completely ruined my concentration. I was tempted to check who it was, and gullible me was to weak to resist the temptation and picked up my phone.

Just like I had predicted, it was Jewel. She texted me to let me know that she was free from her classes, and if I needed her I could call her up.

How sweet of her!

But she ruined my concentration. But I decided to call her up, we had called yesterday but I wanted to hear her voice. I called her and instantly she picked up. I could see her beautiful face through my phone, pretty as always. "Hey, how you doing there?" she asks me, a smile on her face.

"I'm doing fine. Y'know, you ruined my concentration! I was trying to learn for my test!" I groaned.

She laughed. "Then why did you call me?" she said amused. I could tell that she was in a café.

"Ah well, since you texted and my mood is gone, thought I might call you." I leaned back on my bed.

"Good point." she then muted her phone as she talked to someone, she was laughing at that person.

Was she with someone? Who was it?

I decided to ask her about it. "Hey, who are you talking to?"

She unmutes and answers "Oh, it's just my friends. They were teasing me saying that a Cosgrave was calling me up." she laughed. I guess being a Cosgrave really is something to take pride on, like dad said.

But there was something that shocked me the most.

"You have friends?" I blurted out, it was a stupid and insulting question.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Of course. Why can't have friends?" she retorts back, it wasn't harsh or anything, she said it in a playful tone.

"No, but I never saw any of your friends when I was with you." I frown.

She laughed it off. "I have friends. It's just that I literally spent all those days with you for you."

Shit! I seriously can't believe I thought that she was a loner! I'm such a bad person-- no mate to think like that!

I hear someone say 'awww' in the background and Jewel laughs, a blush creepy up on her face.

"Well, at least introduce them to me." I said, smiling.

"Ah, alright." she motions someone to come to her. I see a young man with blue hair, mostly her age, come up to her. He looks at me smiling somewhat nervously.

"This is Winston, but we just called him Win or Winnie." the young man, named Winston, shyly but vigorously waved at me. He looked cute.

Man! Why do I find everyone cute!!