16: date night

I stare down at the little creature that Rune and Rae had brought along with them

I stare down at the little creature that Rune and Rae had brought along with them. He looked at me with awe, mouth gaping. He whispered how magnificent I looked, which pleased me.

By the looks of it, he doesn't look like a supernatural. He didn't have that Aura that supernaturals have. I've already once visited Earth, which I didn't tell Rune about, I could tell that the boy was a human.

Rune was still hugging my huge, snowy, dragon form. She's been doing that for a while now. I tried motioning her to let go of me, she didn't get it though. I looked at her twin gor help.

"Hey Rune, can you do this later? We need to visit our family, right?" he cuts in.

"A minute, please?" it didn't sound like a question, more like a statement.

"Y'know, you can do this sometime later but right now, we need to get going." he pulls her away from me. "They must be waiting, since they know that we're coming."

Rune sighs, giving in to her brother. "I know, sorry." she murmurs. "Just needed to feel her. . ."

My dragon's heart swelled on the inside.

"You can do that later, somewhere else." I don't know why but what Rae said sounded like it had a double meaning.

I still observed the human boy they had brought along. What a specimen. His green eyes bore into mine, they looked uneasy. Maybe it's because I'm staring at him intensely. His eyes flickered to Rae occasionally.

I looked at Rae, he was staring back at the human boy. It was obvious to me that they were mates. I let out a short, soft growl, grabbing of their attention. The sound was neutral, a friendly growl. I lowered myself, low enough so that they can climb on me.

I can't believe this, this time I have to carry three people on my back. Nobody know how hard or painful this is.

Rune was the first to climb on top of me, followed by Rae who helped the hesitant human climb. I would like to know more about humans, especially when it's Rae's mate. But, today, everything is about Rune.

I had a surprise ready for her. But first, I needed to ask her parental figures permission. I was taking her out tonight and might return a little late.

*

*

*

I watch Rowan, watch the human boy. This wasn't helping him, I could tell that he didn't like unwanted attention. He was squirming under Rowan's intense gaze but he still managed to keep a smile on his face. Rae was right beside him for comfort, his hand wrapped around the boy's waist, while Rune had gone upstairs to change.