2. Smoke on the Water

[Two and a Half Men]

(Really three and a half men and one woman

I  know I said 2-4 days, but here's a chapter for today!)

INT. GARAGE - DAY

The Impala was mostly covered by a tan tarp, but the trunk was clear. Dean opened the trunk of the Impala and looked inside. He took out his sawed-off shotgun, checked the rounds, and put it away. He closed the trunk, locked it, put the keys in his toolbox, and let the tarp settle back over the trunk of the Impala. He left the garage with a box labeled "KITCHEN."

INT. DEAN'S HOUSE

Dean and Lisa were unpacking boxes. Ben sat at a table, looking upset.

"What's up?" Lisa asked.

"Nothing," Ben replied.

"At least wait until you've checked the place out before you hate it. Open mind, that's all I ask."

"Yeah, all right." He stood. "I'll be back." He walked towards his bike.

"Oh, hey," Dean greeted. "Where's the fire?"

"Just going to check out the block."

"And let your mom unpack the kitchen by herself? Come on."

"We'll go for lunch later," Lisa told him. "Scope out the neighborhood. Right?"

"Yeah, sounds like a plan." He turned to Ben. "Come on, why don't you give me a hand?"

Dean and Ben left the room together.

EXT. VICTIM'S HOUSE

Cop cars were on the street and policemen walked it and out the front door of a house surrounded by crime scene tape. Sam spoke to a detective while holding a flyer for a missing child in his hand.

"Where'd you find them?" Sam asked.

"We found the parents upstairs," the detective replied. "Pretty brutal."

"Break in?"

"No, alarm never went off."

"Any leads on the baby?"

"None yet."

"So what do you think? Think it's okay? Alive?"

"I did yesterday."

"Thank you." Sam walked up the path towards the house, ducking under the crime scene tape that blocked it off.

INT. DEAN'S HOUSE

The doorbell rang. Dean opened the door to reveal a pizza delivery man.

"There you go," Dean said. "Keep the change."

"Thanks," the pizza delivery man replied.

"Thanks." Dean turned to see Lisa and Ben standing behind him. "What?"

"I thought we were going out?" Lisa answered.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm sorry."

"Sure. I'll go look for plates." She left the room.

INT. MOTEL ROOM

Natalia laid on a bed, bored out of her mind. "No hunts, no nothing."

Dylan glanced at her. "Would you like there to be a zombie or shifter or something?"

She sat up. "Yes. But there's nothing from what I can find."

"Well, let's just hang out then and wait for something to show."