37. Welcome Back

[A Little Slice of Kevin]

(I thought this song fitting)

Dean was driving, eating potato chips. Natalia was sitting passenger, occasionally stealing his chips.

They passed a man in a trench coat walking down the road.

Dean overtook the man and Natalia cried, "Stop!"

Dean turned to see what Natalia was yelling about and saw Castiel and braked. He looked in the rearview mirror while Natalia looked behind her and Dean reversed down the road. He left the car running on the road next to a sign for the Twin Pines Resort as he and Natalia got out and looked around. They saw no sign of the angel.

Natalia frowned. "Are we crazy or not? 'Cause I don't wanna be crazy."

Dean met her eyes. "Maybe we're just seeing things."

"God, I hope not."

They reached the cabin and Sam was using his laptop and drinking a beer. Dylan had a beer and was reading a book.

"Hey," Sam and Dylan greeted.

"Hey," Dean and Natalia replied, standing in the middle of the room, Dean holding a six-pack and a paper bag.

Sam looked between his siblings. "You two look like you've s -- well, I was gonna say, "You two look like you've seen a ghost", but you'd both probably be stoked. Uh, you two okay?"

Dean and Natalia exchanged an uncertain look before he said in an uncertain tone, "Yeah, we're cool. What's up?"

"Well, this kid went missing from a preschool," Dylan said, glancing up.

"That sucks. And?"

Dylan and Sam exchanged a look before Sam said, "And at the same time he vanished, a surprise tornado hit, last maybe 20 seconds, then, uh... shazam! Back to perfect weather."

"Hmm. And they pooh-pooh climate change."

Sam chuckled. "Yeah."

Dean put the beer into the fridge as Sam continued, "Well, similar wackiness has happened over the past few weeks in other places -- uh, Tulsa, a bus driver vanishes and a river gets overrun with frogs. New Mexico -- a mailman disappears, the earth splits open."

"Okay. So, uh, you guys are thinkin' demons?" Natalia asked as she and Dean stood and walked over to Sam and looked at the laptop.

"Yeah, possibly, but... I mean, this stuff was major." The laptop showed articles about missing persons. "These folks have nothing in common -- no religious affiliations, different hometowns, all ages. Why would demons want them?"

"Why do demons want anything?" Dean asked as he slapped Sam lightly on the shoulder, Natalia poking him repeatedly. "Uh, so, we in on this?"

Dylan smirked. "Duh."

ABANDONED BAR

Kevin entered and water poured down on him from above, breaking a salt line. "Mom! You've got to stop drowning me in holy water every time I go out!"

Mrs. Tran stood up from behind the bar, holding a cord and Kevin fixed the salt line as he cried, "I'm not possessed!"

"Not yet," Mrs. Tran replied. "Not now. They got to me, remember?"

"We've got hex bags that make us invisible to demons. We've got demon traps painted everywhere! I've got a sigil tattooed on my arm! If we keep moving, we'll be fine!" He placed a plastic bag down on the counter.