63. Let's Kill Tonight

[King of the Damned]

(For Natalia's sake)

EXT. HARBOR - NIGHT

LEITH, SCOTLAND, 1723

A SIMPLE CANDLELIT ROOM

A young man, Gavin Macleod, was packing for a trip. Suddenly, there was an incredibly bright light behind the door and Abaddon entered.

"What's that you say?" Abaddon asked. ""Come in"? Don't mind if I do."

"Who are you?" Gavin questioned. "What do you want?"

Abaddon drew a sigil on the door. "I'm a friend of the family. And I want you."

"I have no idea who you are. But you'll be takin' your leave now. Thank you."

"Yes. You're packing. Sailing for the colonies.  know all about it. Change of plans."

A young man entered. "Ooh. What's this, then? Are we having a party?"

"Yes. A farewell party." She raised her hand and the young man was thrown back and impaled through the neck on a peg. Gavin made the sign of the cross.

Abaddon chanted, "Kah-nee-lah, poo-gah, kah-nee-lah!"

The sigil glowed bright white.

INT. BAR

PRESENT

A couple of guys and a girl, all angels, were at a table drinking, sharing stories, and laughing.

A male angel said, "She has a big slice of pizza in her hand we just got from the place around the corner. And a seagull landed on her head and started flapping and distracted her while another gull swooped in."

The conversation stopped when Ezra, a nerdy-looking angel, tried to join in. "Oh, I can't tell you how great it feels to finally have a night off, right, guys?"

The male angel tried to continue his story. "Uh, this other seagull came-"

"Get away from all the pressure, you know?"

"A-anyways, so, no one had any pizza after that."

"'Course, I can't really complain..."

"You just see the bird..."

"... being handpicked by the big man himself. I'm not really supposed to talk about it. 'Cause it's Metatron." He got their attention.

"What about Metatron?"

"Well, uh... He's come to depend on me. So, you know, we're... tight. And I have to say, I've come to appreciate the Met-man's vision."

"His vision? He threw us all out of Heaven!"

"No, no, no, no. Big picture. He's giving the place a makeover, bringing the chosen few, starting with the, uh, chosen chosen few, if you, uh, know what I mean."

A couple at another table had been listening in.

Ezra left the bar and walked in an alley. Suddenly, he was jumped by the eavesdropping couple from the bar.

INT. UNDERGROUND INTERROGATION ROOM

Ezra was chained to a chair and an angel entered.

Benjamin, an angel, said, "These are dangerous times. You have to be careful what you say. You never know who might be listening.

"I said nothing," Ezra told him.

"Oh, you said plenty. Apparently, you felt the need to discuss your relationship with Metatron -- his strategies..."