64. Stairway to Heaven

[Stairway to Heaven]

Sam was asleep on his bed. Loud rock music played and Sam jerked awake, pulling a gun on the intruder to see that it was Dean and Natalia.

Dean shut off the music. "Nice reflexes. Better hair."

"What's wrong with you two? I could have shot you both." He checked his watch. "Why aren't you two sleeping? We got in like two hours ago."

"Not tired. And we got work to do, so put on your dancing shoes, and let's boogie. We're gonna wake Dylan."

Dean and Natalia made their way to Dylan's room and blasted the same song they'd done for Sam.

Dylan shot up and pointed his gun at Dean and Natalia. "What the hell, you two?! Natalia, come on. Seriously?"

Natalia smirked. "Wakey wakey eggs and bacey."

"I love you, but shut up, Natalia."

"Seriously. Get up, get ready."

Dean and Natalia walked to the main room. Sam and Dylan each walked in with a cups of coffee. Dean and Natalia were packing their duffels on the table.

"All right. What's up?" Sam and Dylan asked.

"Nat and I called Cas and Rae," Dean replied. "They said there's something going down in Missouri."

"What kind of something?" Dylan wondered, sipping his coffee.

"They said they couldn't talk about it over the phone."

"Why?" Sam asked again.

"Because he is a weird guy, okay? She's a weird girl. They're a weird, dorky, little guy and a short girl. But he happens to have an army of angels behind him, and even though I hate to say it, if we're gonna take a shot at Metatron, they might be useful."

Dean went to put the First Blade into his duffel, and Natalia went to put the Second Blade into her duffel, but Sam and Dylan noticed and their levels of concern grew.

Sam frowned. "Well, do you two think we need the First and Second Blades? Why don't we just leave them here?"

"We talked about this, and we decided that-" Dean began.

"No. In all fairness, we didn't decide. You two did."

"Okay, Nat and I decided that two hockey sticks that can kill anything might come in handy, so sue us."

Dylan let out a sigh. "How many times have we been around this block? Magic that powerful always comes at a price, and right now, we have no idea what that price is."

"I'm fine. I'm fan-friggin'-tastic."

Natalia nodded. "Yeah. Me too."

Sam looked at his siblings. "And we're glad. Honestly. We're not saying we bury these things. We're saying we just save them for when we really need them. Crowley. Metatron. The big boss fights. You two don't have to have them with you all the time, right? I mean, just leave them. Please."

Dean and Natalia set the blades to the side. "No problem."

"Thank you," Sam and Dylan replied.

They stood outside the exploded Colonel Scoops. Sam, Dean, Dylan and Natalia approached a deputy on duty outside. They went to pull out their badges, but before they were able to flip them open, she addressed them. "Agents Spears, Aguilera, Swift and Perry? FBI?"

"Uh-huh," Dean confirmed.

"Your partner said you'd be along."

"Thank you," Sam said.