52. Somewhere Over the Rainbow

[Slumber Party]

(Very fitting version for our precious Natalia. And I think for Dean as well.)

Sam and Dylan were working at the map table. Sam had talked to Crowley before rejoining Dylan. Dean and Natalia walked through the door upstairs.

"Hey. How'd it go with Kevin?" Sam asked.

Dean and Natalia exchanged a look before he said, "Oh, that little nerd is a lovely warded hotel room in Branson. He's got about 48 hours of pay-per-porn and Kenny Rogers ahead of him."

"Dean's idea," Natalia said. "Just so ya know."

"How's he feeling?" Dylan inquired.

Dean and Natalia walked down the stairs while he spoke. "Well, he stared at the Angel Tablet and repeated the word "falafe" for the entire ride. Kid's cracked. Nat and I are hoping this break will, uh, clear his head. You know, after everything that happened, I figured we could use a little break ourselves, so, I, uh, per Nat's request, picked you up season one 'Game of Thrones'. Figured we'd get a little takeout."

Sam looked between them. "All right. Well, first, I think Dylan and I might have found a way to help Cas and Rae."

Dean looked in concern and asked, "Did either of you talk to them?"

Dylan eyed Dean with an unnoticed irritated look.

"No," Sam and Natalia replied.

Sam continued. "And, by the way, we still don't understand why they left in the first place. Nat's been yapping to me, wondering why. I mean, the bunker is the safest place for them. Bartholemew and -- and who knows how many angels are out there, gunning for them."

Dean pursed his lips. "Hey, look, nobody wants them here more than me or Nat do, okay? But, uh, they felt like they'd bring trouble down on us, so they had to split. But if you three got a way to help them, I'm all ears."

"All right. So, Kevin said the table lit up like a Christmas tree when the angels fell, right?"

"So?" Dean and Natalia pressed.

Dylan looked between them. "So it turns out each light was where a cluster of angels fell. So Sam and I are thinking maybe there's some way to hotwire this, make it track angels. That way, we might be able to help Cas and Rae steer clear of danger."

Dean and Natalia exchanged a surprised look. "This was... your idea?" Dean said.

Sam looked around, slightly amused, while Dylan smirked as Sam replied, "It was both of our idea. Do you see anybody else in here?"

Natalia rested her elbows on the table. "So, how would it work?"

Dylan shook his head. "Oh, no clue. See, at first, we thought the table was the computer, but it's not. It turns out it's just part of it. We did find these cables underneath, and we followed them. You two are never gonna believe what we found."

They came to a room full of electrical panels, shelves, and a huge, old computer. Sam, Dean, Natalia and Dylan entered.

"Voilà," Dylan and Sam said.

"This is a computer?" Dean questioned.

Sam nodded. "Yeah -- or it was in 1951, when it was installed. Now, here's the crazy thing. It's not plugged into anything. I mean, we have no idea what's making this thing work."

The four of them walked around to the other side of the computer. Dean and Natalia put their hands on the back of it and he said, "It's warm here."