56. Tuesday's Gone

[Road Trip]

Dean, Natalia and Dylan stood near Kevin's pyre as his body burned.

They made their way back to the bunker in silence.

Dean stood in the library, looking at the floor where Kevin had died. His gaze turned to the table. Kevin's books and notes laid open. There was a plate with a half-eaten sandwich and an empty glass of milk. Dean picked up Kevin's phone and he lit up the screen to see a picture of Kevin and his mom. His face dropped and he fought back tears as he touched the phone to his forehead.

Something inside him exploded. He threw the phone against the wall with all his strength and swept the table, sending everything flying to the floor. He shoved the lamp off the table and slung a heavy chair across the room. He leaned on the table, feeling white anger, then despair.

Natalia was in her room. She was standing at the foot of her bed. She stood and began throwing books and whatever small items she could find. She slammed her lamp to the ground and fell to her knees, holding her head in her hands. Dylan who'd been watching from the doorway, embraced her and she fought him a moment before falling into his chest.

After a moment, Natalia and Dylan made their way into the main room and the three shared a look before they started packing in silence.

"Dean. Natalia. Dylan," Castiel and Azrael said.

They looked up to see the angels and Dean commented, "Cas. Rae. Now, look at you two, all suited up and back in the game."

"We, um... We came as soon as you two called. I wa-" Castiel trailed.

Castiel stopped, noticing the broken lamp on the floor. His eyes followed the strewn books and papers and the broken chair. "Dean, Natalia, Dylan, what happened?"

Dean and Natalia stopped their packing and look at Castiel with pained expressions, showing the emotion they were feeling. They sat at the table.

"Sammy was dying," Dean said. "What was I supposed to do? He said it was the only way, and we believed him. Now Sam's gone. Kevin's..."

"Dean, Natalia, Dylan, I'm sorry."

Azrael nodded. "As am I."

Dean pursed his lips. "Yeah, well... Sorry don't pay the bills, does it? It sure as hell ain't gonna bring Kevin back. We got to find that son of a bitch."

"Dean. Natalia. Dylan. If the angel possessing Sam isn't Ezekiel, then who is it?" Castiel asked.

"A dead man walking," Natalia retorted.

"What, you're gonna destroy him?"

"Damn right," Dean and Natalia said.

"You kill an angel, its vessel dies, too."

Dean glared. "Think we don't know that? If we don't end Sam and that halo burns him out and I... God, I was so damn stupid."

"You were stupid for all the right reasons."

"Yeah, like that matters."

"It does. Sometimes that's all that matters." Castiel looked between them. "Listen to me. Sam is strong. If he knew an angel was possessing him, he could fight. He could cast the angel out."

"Maybe," Dylan said. "But as far as we know, he's in the dark. We don't know how we clue him in."

"Do you three remember Alfie?"

Dean glanced at Natalia and she nodded. "The kid angel? Yeah. Why?"

"Before he died, he told me the demons were able to dig into his mind, access his coding. We might be able to do that here. Might be able to -- to bypass the angel and talk directly to Sam."