26. Death of a Clown

[Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie]

Sam and Dylan ran around a corner and hid behind a vehicle in a deserted light industrial area.

Sam spoke aloud. "It's okay. They can't hurt us. They can't hurt us. "If it bleeds, you can kill it." Yeah. "If it bleeds, you can kill it.""

Dylan swallowed heavily. "Right. Good mantra. "If it bleeds, you can kill it.""

Sam and Dylan looked over the vehicle and saw a clown with green hair, yellow pants and a red jacket standing a short distance away. The clown laughed and ran towards Sam and Dylan, who ran first towards a high fence and then to a door. The clown ran after them, raising its knees exaggeratedly high with each stride. Sam broke open the door and bolted it behind him and Dylan.

INT. GARAGE - NIGHT

Sam and Dylan moved some metal objects in front of the door and looked around the building, which was what they guessed to be a large garage or workshop. They heard a crash behind them and turned to see the clown coming through the door, laughing. Sam and Dylan started walking away from the first clown, but another clown, which was also laughing, had appeared in front of them. Sam and Dylan stopped and the second clown zoomed closer.

EXT. PARK OR REST AREA PARKING LOT - DAY

Sam and Dylan were leaning against a Jeep reading a newspaper.

60:00:00 Earlier

59:59:59 Earlier

59:59:58 Earlier

59:59:57 Earlier

The phone on a nearby phone booth rang.

Dean answered the phone. "Hello? "I am the Eggman.""

Sam and Dylan smiled briefly. Dean and Natalia rolled their eyes.

"Seriously, Frank, pay phones? I mean, come on. I-I'm getting the clap off this thing just touching it." ... "Fred Savage?" ... "Yeah, no, I know, big mouths are everywhere." ... Uh, well, since you asked, some actual intel on the Dick Roman guy would be nice." ... "Fine. All right." ... Yeah, good looking out."

The phone clicked as Frank ended the call. Dean hung up, scowled at his hand and walked towards Sam and Dylan, Natalia following.

"I hope he finds something quick," Dean said. "This whole protocol du jour thing's really creeping my cheese."

"And mine," Natalia added.

"So, we got dick on Dick?" Sam asked.

"That's a vivid way of putting it," Dean commented. "You two find anything on Wonder Woman?"

"No. And there probably won't be. They are definitely gone. But..." he held up the Wichita Sun. The headline was 'Peculiar death baffles authorities', "... Dylan and I might have found something over in Kansas."

"All right, well, let's do it. But, uh, a few simple rules, okay? No babies." Sam, Dylan and Natalia smiled. "In fact, no baby mamas. No bars. No booze - no hot chicks of any kind."

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you just say-"

"Hey. You spawn a monster baby, see how quick you want to dive back in the pool." Dean walked to another car. A sign on a nearby building read 'Welcome to Idaho.'

INT. MORGUE - DAY

A doctor pulled back a sheet from the body of a middle-aged man. The body was covered in circular raised sores of various sizes that appeared to have been made by tentacles. Dean, Sam and Dylan were wearing FBI suits and Natalia was wearing her FBI dress.