~Chapter One~

Emma Kelly. That's my name, well that's my new name for now. I've gone by many different names throughout my 19 years on this Earth. I've been under the last names of Emma Thomas, Sanders, Elliot and Mitchell. I was put up for adoption when I was little. My parents left me at the doorsteps of the orphanage and left, they gave them no name or information. The ladies that were running the place named me Emma and I've stuck with that because I actually liked it. I grew up going from  family to family, hence the last name changes.

I was a troubled teen. My life consisted of drugs, alcohol, sex, they were the main priorities at the time. I was known as the 'rebellious girl' in my area, so I would always be sent back to the orphanage because my adoptive parents found out what I had done at the time. After that, once the 'rebellious girl' was spread around the area about me, no one adopted me. It really put a dent in my self esteem. When I met the Mitchell family I really thought that they were different from everyone else, and they were. They were really kind to me and welcomed me with open hearts, but I never felt at home there. So when I turned 18, I moved out of their home and changed my last name so that I could feel like my own person. I still check up on them here and there and visit to make sure everything's ok, but other than that, I'm my own person now. I've become unknown to the world around me.

I took the chicken nuggets out of the oven and placed them into a bowl, then proceeded to walk over to the couch. I turned on netflix and started watching 'YOU', it's my favourite show at the moment.

"No...don't do it" I dragged out, shoving a nugget into my mouth. My phone then buzzed distracting me from what was happening on the screen. I picked it up and saw an unknown number appear on my screen. The message was a bit odd and peculiar, so I paused my show and answered the message.

Unknown: I swear, if you ate my cookies you're dead!

Emma: I'm sorry, what?

Unknown: Don't play dumb with me, I know you ate them. The other boys wouldn't even dare.

Emma: I really don't know what you're talking about, but I wish I had cookies

Unknown: Zach, come on. Give it up, there's no way that the other boys ate them. My sister isn't even that dumb to eat MY cookies, she knows the consequences

Emma: Well I fear for this Zach kids life, but I'm not Zach, sorry to disappoint

Emma: I relate though, if anyone touches my chicken nuggets, they die

Unknown: THE CHICKEN NUGGETS! No one can touch those

Unknown: OMG I KNOW HOW TO GET HIM BACK!

Emma: Which is how?

Unknown: I'm going to eat his chicken tenders

Emma: No.

Unknown: Yes.

Unknown: I just placed them in the oven. Thank you for the idea

Emma: Glad to be of service

Emma: If Zach's your 'friend' how did you get my number?

Unknown: He's a bit special and broke his phone so he needed a new one, he obviously doesn't know his number properly yet

Emma: Well I enjoyed this conversation, so thank you for that

Unknown: You are very welcome

Unknown: I didn't get your name though?

~Read by Emma~

I just met this guy, no way is he getting my name. I like being unknown to the world, and that's the way it's going to stay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so excited for this book, I hope you guys are too :)

Vote

Follow

Share