1.2 | "Come on your highness, let's dance"

Amber just had finished her mission, retrieving HYDRA data from multiple bases and dropped it off to her adoptive father, Nick Fury

Amber just had finished her mission, retrieving HYDRA data from multiple bases and dropped it off to her adoptive father, Nick Fury. For any normal agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, this job would've been hard to accomplish, but for Amber, it was a piece of cake. These types of spying jobs were her forte and always gave her a thrill when he went on them. The thrill of hiding in plain sight and watching the enemy practically right in front of them was something Amber enjoyed.

Shuri always knew of her best friend's weird tendencies, so she never bothered Amber about it unless she got injured or hurt.

Getting off her bike, Amber makes her way inside of the hidden S.H.I.E.L.D base, which looks like a replica of the old base inside. Other agents nod their heads in greeting when they see her, and she returns them with a nod of her head. When she goes inside she makes her way up to the familiar stairway that she always walks up, practically on a daily basis.

Once she reaches the top, she walks to the door that belongs to her adoptive father and lifts her hand to knock. However, before her fist even reached the wooden door, it opened, revealing her father figure and Agent Coulson at the front of the door.

"Hey Uncle Phil, hi Papa Fury." She said with a wide smile on her face. The two men respond with a smile and motion for her to head inside of the director's office.

"Hi sweetie, how was the mission? Did you get hurt?" Fury asked in concern. Amber was one of the only people that he ever showed his emotions for, even more after his best friend - her father, - 's death. He hated that Amber had to experience having, not only one parent but two die at such a young age. Fury always had a weak spot for her. When she was younger he insisted her grow up normally, but she refused to say that she wanted to work where her parents worked for all their life. To her, this was a way to honor her dead birth parents, and Fury and they couldn't have been more proud.

"Yes papa, it went amazingly. The HYDRA members practically told me everything, they couldn't shut their mouths for the life of them." She bragged with a wide smile on her face and handed her father the flash drive that contained all of the information that she got. Phil just shook his head with a small smile on his face, while Fury held a face full of pride for his adoptive daughter, taking the flash drive out of her hand.

"Thank you, sweetie," He said while patting her head.

Amber only nods and starts to walk her way toward the door, but before she could grab the handle her father talks again.

"You're going to help Captain aren't you Amber?" He said to his daughter with a blank face. He used her full name, meaning he means business. Amber only nods her head without turning around. Phil could feel the small tension in the air and he just stood stiffly to the side, trying to hide from the awkward situation.

Fury only sighs, but a small smile appears on his face. Phil sees this and immediately understands what is going on. Fury just wants his daughter safe, and although being a part of S.H.I.E.L.D completely defeats this, reminding her himself was something he did only when it would be serious.