1.8 | "HYDRA killed my parents, the Winter Soldier killed them, Bucky didn't."

The two seemed to be in their own little worlds as they gazed into each other's eyes

The two seemed to be in their own little worlds as they gazed into each other's eyes. However, the moment between the female and male was broken when a loud bang reached both of their ears. Finally snapping out of it Amber remembers why she ran here, to begin with. She turns her head, breaking the eye contact that she had with the Prince, as she looks at where Zemo laid. T'Challa saddens slightly at the broken eye contact but let's go understandably.

She lets out a breath of relief but then remembers Steve and Bucky. She starts to panic slightly, hoping they are alright and didn't end up killing Tony during the fight.

She starts to make her way back to the entrance of the base, but before she leaves she turns around to the Prince behind her, "Hey, your highness. Do you mind handling him?" She stops momentarily to point at the passed out man on the snow, "I gotta make sure my friends aren't dead."

T'Challa offers her a smile in return, and in response she gives him a slight nod, silently thanking him. She starts to run toward where she last saw her two friends, T'Challa watching her retreating form. He started to wonder what happened earlier when they shook hands. The shock that they felt still tingling through his hand and the way he couldn't tear his gaze away from her. She was intoxicating and unique. Someone who he did not think he would ever be attracted to. However, it seems that fate had different plans for him.

Amber runs through the HYDRA base trying to spot her friends, but instead, she finds Tony laying on the ground bruised and battered.

"Damn, you look terrible Stark," Amber jokingly remarked as she made her way towards him, moving her hand to his back helping him sit up.

"Well don't you look pretty too, " Tony snarked back, grunting in pain every time he moved.

Amber ignored his sarcastic comment and attached something onto his neck. Tony flinched at the cold impact and immediately went to take it off, but Amber stopped him before he could touch it.

"Don't touch it, it's healing your internal injuries, and based on your position right now you need it." She informed him, moving his hand away from the object. The state frightened her. He looked like he went from hell and back.

"Why are you helping me?" He asked, confused. He was supposed to be the bad guy to her. She was supposed to beat him up or kill him. Negative thoughts fill his mind as she gives him a confused look in return.

"Would you rather let me let you bleed out?" She asks in disbelief. Wondering if he had really asked such a ridiculous question. Seeing the sincerity in her eyes he lets out a humorless laugh.

"You're insane." He bluntly stated as he slouched over, looking at the ground.

"And you are lost." She told him as she started to get up from her crouched position.

He didn't bother to respond, listening to her footsteps fading slightly as she walked away from his disheveled form, however, right before she left the room Tony stopped her.

"Why are you defending the murderer of your parents?" He asked with a hint of accusation in his voice. He didn't understand why she could simply move away from this without a scratch of anger for the super-soldier.

Amber paused, not making any attempt to move or say anything as she thinks. She shook her head softly at him, relating heavily with him and the position he was in right now. The urge to have revenge even though it clouded the mind from what was right. How you can lose so much that you forget what is in front of you. The toxic feelings one has when they don't like the answer you get. It was all too familiar to her because she wasted almost 10 years doing exactly all of that.

However, it was all worth it in the end for her. Although her parents died they never really left her, this she knew. Her family also grew, even more, reaching farther toward Shuri, Nick, and Steve. She even had a unique relation to the Prince of Wakanda and his family. This was her home now and she wouldn't have changed it for the world.

She finally snapped out of her thinking state, turning around to face the lost person behind her.

She offered him a soft smile and said, "HYDRA killed my parents, the Winter Soldier killed them, Bucky didn't." With that, she gave him a small wink and turned back around walking out of the room.

Tony started to think about her words when she left. He thought about how strong this stranger was. She had gone through the same thing as him, but younger and somehow managed to move on in life. Then and there Tony realized the reality of her words.

Anger and revenge will be his downfall

And it was, he lost more than half of his friends and his best friend almost died that day. The doctors told him that Rhodey would've died and that he was lucky that Amber saved him. Tony truly admired the girl, hoping one day they can have a simple conversation without breaking into a ruthless fight.

While Tony was in his thoughts Amber has been trying to find her two friends.

"Bucky!" She yelled into the hallway as her frustration started to grow.

With a slightly irritated huff, she starts to make her way down a new hallway as she turns the corner.

"Are you serious?" She asked out loud in disbelief. The hallways looked all the same to her and at this point, she didn't even know which way was left and which way was right.

'Did they leave me?' She thought as she started to make her way down the dark hallway. Her chest burned at the thought of Steve and Bucky leaving her behind.

She stops walking as she starts to hear a new set of footsteps approaching her from behind, then suddenly a hand goes out to grab her shoulder. However, before the hand could even touch her shoulder, Amber grabbed it and hauled the person over her shoulder as they let out a loud yell.

"Jeezus Amber, what the heck was that for?" A familiar voice asked her grunting from the impact that she inflicted upon them.

Amber lets her gaze settle on the figure before her, eyes widening slightly as she sees Steve clenching his head in pain.

"Oh my god, Steve! I'm so sorry!" Amber says as she crouches down to Steve's disheveled sight, offering him a hand. Steve takes her hand, but not before glancing at the two men behind her who were chuckling at Steve's pained position.

Hearing other voices Amber turns around only to be faced with Bucky and the Prince of Wakanda. Amber raises an eyebrow at the latter, silent questioning why he was there.

Seeing her questioning face, Steve answered her silent question, "He offered to help us. He said that the technology his home has is incredibly advanced and his sister could help take out HYDRA's brainwashing."

Amber's eyes perked at Steve mentioning Shuri and this did not go unnoticed by the three men. A wide smile appeared on her face as she started to walk out of the HYDRA facility.

Steve, Bucky, and T'Challa watch her with confusion etched onto all their faces. Noticing that the men were not following her Amber stoops walking and turns her head toward them.

"Well, are you coming or not?"