1.4 | "Excuse me, Star-Spangled Man, I make amazing nicknames!"

The flight to Siberia was silent and tension was hanging in the air

The flight to Siberia was silent and tension was hanging in the air. Steve was driving while Bucky and Amber were sitting in the back. She took her helmet off right after she saved Rhodey, but covered her face with a scarf and black hood. Amber's head was in her hands as multiple things were passing through Amber's head, concerned for the members of her team that was left behind.

'What's going to happen to them?'

'Is Clint going to be separated from his family?'

'Is Natasha going to get punished for helping us?'

'Should I have stayed?'

Most of the thoughts that filled her head were full of regret and guilt. She kept thinking that she should've stayed behind and helped instead of sitting in the jet. The silence was broken when Bucky spoke the main question that was passing through the three's mind,

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Steve's eyes clouded with uncertainty and Amber glanced at Bucky offering a small encouraging smile.

Steve struggles to answer Bucky's question, shaking his head and glancing down. So, amber answered instead,

"Whatever it is," She pauses trying to think about her words carefully "We'll deal with it"

Steve gives a smile, thanking her for her response. Steve knows how hard this was on Amber. She was never one to give up on the team even if leaving one behind was the only option. He knew about her past and how she would use it to push through hard times and lets it lead her to trust problems. Losing the people she loved was not an option for her, she was going to fight for them and what she loves.

That's what her tattoo's represented, her family who died and Fury holding her as her parents watched over her, so it would be like her family never left her wherever she goes.

Bucky stares blankly in front of him and says, " I don't think I'm worth all of this, guys."

Amber's head snaps back at his face with a disbelieving face, she then looks at Steve as he turns his head in her direction. She motions her head to Bucky, encouraging him to say something to him reassuring him that he is worth it.

Steve nods at her and says, "What you did all those years," He pauses wanting Bucky to ready himself for his next statement, "It wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

Bucky doesn't move as he responded with a simple 'I know', continuing saying, "But I did it." looking directly at Steve's direction. Silence filled the aircraft once again, slightly tenser than earlier.

"Well, this is awkward," Amber said, trying to ease the tension in the air. The two men don't respond letting the comment pass by. Amber sighs, having enough of the tense air that surrounded them. She unbuckles herself and turns her body to her left facing the depressed men.

"Look Bucky, Steve's right you didn't have a choice, it wasn't you. You were being controlled, meaning you did. not. do. It" She pauses between the last few words, but continues, "Don't let the guilt bring you down on yourself. Don't let HYDRA get what they want. You are not a monster, and you are not the winter soldier. You are Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes, Steve's Best friend from 70 years ago. You are a good man who stood up to bullies and loved to dance around with women. You are a good man Bucky, don't let HYDRA change that"

A small smile appeared on Bucky's face and Steve's held a large grin. Even though Steve was known for his speeches, he grew in his talent to wing a speech because of Amber. She always managed to bring light into and think dark. Her words were always strong and sincere. She was truthful in her speeches, always getting to the point and encouraging people to fight ten times harder.

After her speech, Amber said," Now, let's start over," Amber took her hand out from her side and held it in front of Bucky, "Hello sir, my name is Amber Rose Holland, an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and close friend of the doofus flying this jet." Steve rolls his eyes playfully at her last comment but doesn't make a move to deject her remark. Bucky lets out a chuckle and grabs her hand, shaking it firmly, "Nice to meet you, ma'am, I'm James Buchanan Barnes who's best friend's with the doofus flying this jet." Steve groans at Bucky for playing along with her but smiles at the end. Amber grins at his statement and responds with, "Nice to meet you, Buck"

"Likewise," He said grinning back at her.

During their prolonged conversation they flew right above their destination, the Siberian HYDRA facility. Steve slowly lands the quinjet onto the ground, and Amber and Bucky unbuckle, making their way to the back. Amber rashes over to the wall and presses a button, revealing a large compartment that holds multiple different guns. Amber turns over to Bucky who was standing behind her,

"Take your pick, Bucky boy," She says, gesturing to the guns behind her. Bucky only raised an eyebrow at the nickname she gave him and looked over to Steve.

Shaking his head Steve says, "She does this all the time. Her nicknames are always something stupid."

Amber makes a mockingly offended face and says, "Excuse me, Star-Spangled Man, I make amazing nicknames!"

Steve's face flushes at the nickname she would always call him and Bucky chuckles getting the reference. He starts to make his way over to the weapons and picks one out, tucking it under his arm.

The three walked to the back and opened the back of the jet.

"Remember that time we had to ride back from Rockway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve questioned, glancing at Bucky while Amber raised an eyebrow at his words.

"Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asked Steve trying to respond to his question. Amber chuckles at his words and says, "You guys did what?"

The two look at the female both holding amused smiles on their faces.

Steve looked back at Bucky,

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

Amber snorts at his comment, as she imagines Bucky from back then playing a carnival game, trying to win a prize.

"What was her name again?" Bucky asked looking back at Steve.

Steve looks forward and says, "Dolores. You called her dot."

Bucky shakes his head in disbelief as he said, "she's got to be a hundred years old right now."

"So are you too, morons. Now hurry up we don't have all day" Amber remarks pushing between the two super soldiers, making her way out of the jet.

The three start to walk to the entrance of the HYDRA facility and Steve starts to look around the entrance.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours," He says, turning around to his two friends.

"Long enough to wake them up" He continues and then he starts making his way inside, Amber and Bucky right behind him. They make their way to the elevator and make it go down, the three looking at each other and nodding in agreement that this was it.

 They make their way to the elevator and make it go down, the three looking at each other and nodding in agreement that this was it