Part 11

You opened the door carrying your camera bag as your mom was putting down the phone, noticing she was shaking, turning toward you at the sound of the door closing.

"Who was on the phone? " you asked, sitting your bag on the table and taking a seat on the couch. "It was a bill collector over one of the last hospital stays of your dads," she said looking down at the ground.

Your heart jumps into your throat, as you had hoped it would have been Paul calling and not someone calling to upset your mom with the reminder of your dad's death. She sighed coming to sit beside you. Suddenly you felt her hand on your shoulder as you turned to look at her. Brushing the hair out of your face, you noticed the tears forming in eyes at the sight of the damage she had done.

" I'm so sorry for this, I don't mean to lose my temper on you Y/N or to hurt you like this." She sobbed pulling you into a firm embrace. You were lost on what to say back. She never had acted in this way.

"It's okay mom I understand." patting her back and pulling out of the embrace. "I'm gonna head up to my room to get stuff prepared for work tomorrow. Good night". A nod of acknowledgment is all you received. Confused by the sudden change of attitude in your mom you headed off to bed hoping things would continue to stay this way.