Part 23

Paul pulled into the driveway of your mom's house around 6:45, shutting the engine off. You looked over at him and wondered if meeting your brother would make him rethink asking you to go to California with him. Paul placed his hand on your knee, pulling you from your racing thoughts.

"Babe, you okay? We don't have to do this if you don't want to. I'll take you to a nice restaurant or something." Paul said

You shook your head at him " No tonight has to happen, for my own needs. "

" He can't be any worse than the other two I've met. I don't scare that easy, I promise. Squeezing your knee, Are you ready to go in? Paul asked

"Fair warning, my brother is very arrogant. Thinks he's god's gift to the world," you said, rolling your eyes as you opened the door to climb out.

"His name isn't Gene Simmons, is it? Paul cocked his head to the side as you laughed

You both quickly walked up the porch steps. The door was swinging open to reveal your younger brother standing there, holding a beer.

"Well, well, look who decided to grace us with her presence and the new flavor of the month. Mom, the 'girl' is here," he shouted as he pulled away from the door.

He was striking a nerve in you within a minute of contact. Paul grabbed the door holding it open as you walked in.

"Paul this is my little brother Jake, Jake this Paul Stanley, and hello mom," you said

Paul reaches out to shake Jake's hand but is left hanging. He took a seat on the couch next to you, eyeing your brother. The room was quiet for a few minutes before your brother broke the silence.

"So Paul, What brings you back to Oklahoma? Jake asked

You started to feel a little relaxed, thinking the situation would be decent for a change.

"Well, I wanted to come to see my girlfriend for a bit and spend time with her while off the tour," Paul said as he looked over, smiling at you.

"Your girlfriend must be busy for you to get laid, must be why shacking up with this whore" Jake said, smirking at you.

"That supposed to be a joke, man? Because I don't find any humor in calling Y/N that since she's my girlfriend." Paul ask with stern tone causing you to look at him seeing his face appearing calm but his body language showing he would jump up any minute

Both your mom and brother started laughing as if Paul had told a joke.

"Is it necessary for you to start your shit, Jake? Mom, why do you have to encourage him? You asked, hoping your mom would defend you. Her silence spoke volumes.

"Y/N, why don't you and mom's head into the kitchen and finish dinner and bring our guest and me another drink. Make yourself useful on your feet instead of on your back." Jake spit at you as your mom headed to the kitchen.

"Watch your mouth Jake, and you can't come in here, acting as the king of the world every couple of months." You spit back as you attempted to walk off.

Paul jumped up suddenly, " Man, If I have to tell you one more time to stop disrespecting her, I'm gonna lay your ass out. Hand to god, Jake."

The house stayed awkwardly quiet. You looked from Paul, your mom, and your brother. Knowing the situation was going to escalate, and it was out of your hands.

"Y/N, what did you do to get this guy so blinded? Promise you would take care of him like you did, mom and dad? We all know how that goes once the money is gone," your brother smirked.