Part 17

Nerves started to hit as Paul drove the car down the street toward your house one car in the driveway could make this whole day go to hell in a handbasket. You finding out that your mom had lied about Paul calling you the night after the violent fight had left you with an uneasy feeling of her attention about you starting a relationship with Paul. You didn't want his first trip to see you be his last because of the interaction with her. Paul's voice pulled you out of your thoughts.

"Y/N which house is it?" he asked, looking at you briefly with concern.

"Oh I'm sorry its the  last house on the left" you pointed out the window

"Are you okay? He asked as he put the car in park behind your mom's car placing his hand on your shoulder.

Shaking your head "yeah totally, just nervous with her being home" patting his hand as you got off the car, feeling that you should apologize in advance on what could take place in the next few moments.

Heading toward the door you took a deep breath in and walked in finding your mom on the couch feeling Paul grabbing your hand like he had a sixth sense on your anxiety. Your mom looked from you to him.

"Y/N what are you doing home from work and who's this guy," she asked coldly before you could say anything Paul had reached out his hand to introduce himself.

"My name's Paul, Paul Stanley we spoke on the phone the other night when I had called for Y/N."

Your mom's face went pale as you stared at her. " He's in town for a week mom, so work gave me the time off to spend with him. So we just came by to grab a few things" You said as you turned to Paul, I'm going to run upstairs and pack a bag you can come up or stay down here it should only take a few minutes".

"Uh ill wait here for you if it's not gonna take long" he shrugged

Turning to head up the stairs your mom decided it was her time to speak up.

"So now it takes a week for you to do what you call thumbing her finger against her chin. What did you call it 'oh right, clear your head'. Making air quotes, as Paul looked at you and rolled his eyes.

" Must be nice to take off work because some pretty boy comes in and sweet talks your boss to treat you like the whore you are," she said

"Mom that's not what" you started to say but Paul cut you off.

"Listen you don't know me and I've only heard a little bit about you, but I won't have you cutting down my girlfriend to make yourself feel better. I met her by chance on a tour date with my band, but I'm guessing your pal Melissa didn't fill you in there." his calm but stern voice scaring startled but he had called you his girlfriend.

" Oh what band would that be, some local band that Y/N a groupie for" she snarled as she stepped toward you.

"You've heard of my band, we've been around a while. KISS, ring a bell?" he asked sarcastically

Your mom stood there dumbfounded, as you walked up the stairs to pack your bag knowing the money bell was going off in your mom's head.

The living room was dead silent when you came back down.

"Ready Y/N," Paul asked, grabbing your hand smiling.

"Oh you guys don't have to rush off now, you could stay a little maybe let Paul tell me more about himself ."

"Uh not today, I have plans set for Y/N today, maybe sometime this week. Paul spoke up exiting the house.

"I'll see you in a few days mom" you walked out the door after him.