𝔈𝔪𝔬𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔖𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔡

𝓵𝓲𝓵 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 : 𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓭

0:21 ───|────── 3:55
|◁ II ▷|
∞ ↺

𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟮 𝗼𝗳 𝔰𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔡

$$

kairi was home in his room now. robert had dropped him off an hour after mattia had seen them at the ice cream shop, still flirting with him in the car on their way to kairi's house.

"kairi go get the mail!!" his mom yelled from downstairs. kairi groaned, getting up and slipping his slides on. he made his way downstairs and out the front door heading for the mailbox. he quickly opened it, about to get agitated that there wasn't anything in there until a post card fell out. mattia had placed it in there after he saw robert's car pull out the driveway to head to the ice cream shop.

"𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙡, 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 "𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪". 𝙞 𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚, 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪."

it was for him, from him.

kairi didn't know how to react, he didn't know if he should be glad that mattia was okay or mad that a postcard was all mattia had sent. there was absolutely nothing on it except mattia's name and a image of the Seattle space needle.

he headed back inside, making sure he told his mom that there wasn't anything important in the mailbox because there wasn't.

"𝙞 𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪.𝙬𝙚 𝙝𝙪𝙢𝙖𝙣,𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙."

he sighed, pulling out the basket under his bed that contained everything he had that belonged to mattia or that reminded him of mattia. he placed the post card in the basket, on top of all the polaroids of the two of them. he pulled out the pictures, gazing at them one by one, longing for mattia. at least he knew mattia was alive, that's all he needed to know before he let mattia go.

"𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙙. 𝙞 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩, 𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞'𝙢 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙙."

it was time, he had to continue on with his life. if mattia wanted him, he would've been back already or made more of an effort. the post card didn't have anything written on it, but the emptiness of it spoke a million words.

if only he knew.

..

"𝙞 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩, 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚."

meanwhile, mattia was still in the motel crying his eyes out. the image of kairi and robert, imprinted in his brain. he was sure he had lost kairi for good now. he hated his dad for making him do this. kairi was all he looked forward to while in seattle, now he didn't know how was going to cope when he returned. 

mattia would save up and work his ass off in seattle just so he could catch a flight every month to come see kairi from afar knowing his father would send him to italia if he ever found out he was talking to kairi again. he couldn't risk that but now, it was a risk he was willing to take.

"𝙞 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮."

it was now midnight, he found himself at their spot. the spot that held all of their most sacred memories. he had a flight to catch early in morning back to seattle so he wasn't planning on staying as long as he wanted to. he laid in the middle of the field, looking back at their relationship. their relationship was his pride and joy. it was so precious to him, he really valued it until his father ruined it for them.

...

kairi couldn't sleep, he was wide awake. he had this feeling in his chest. he felt guilty, he was going to stop searching for mattia but it was for the best. he wanted to visit their spot one last time before he was done for good. his intuition was telling him to go and it never failed him.

he got up, and sneaked his way out his window so he wouldn't wake up his mom knowing she wouldn't let him go if she woke. he went to his backyard and went through the path that led to the field, their field.

"𝙞𝙢 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙙, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙪𝙡𝙩."

ironically, as he entered, mattia had just left. in a ideal world, they would've crossed paths but in this realistic world, they missed eachother by a couple of minutes. maybe if kairi would've hopped out of his window two minutes earlier, or if mattia would've left 2 minutes after, they would've ran into eachother and mattia would've explained everything. the odds were against their favor. but at last, it was the cruel world against them.

maybe they were meant to be in another life time.

$$

forgive me 😳