6.

Brianni

I have locked myself in my bedroom for a while now Didi came to knock a few times but I ignored her.

Zion has been calling me ever since I hung up on him and I had been ignoring his calls that I even switched off my phone. I was broken I mean how would you feel if your boyfriend told you that he is the reason why another girl will never have a normal life again?

The reason why she will never trust any man all her life? I mean I could take Zion for everything else that he has done but rape?

I have never been violated in that way but I've seen people who have experienced that sort of pain and it's one you never recover from.

I heard a knock at the door. Didi seriously needs to let me be sad in peace. "go away!"

"Excuse me! Young lady, if you know what's good for you. You better open this door. Now." My mother threatened. I wiped my tears and got out of bed to go and open the door. "why is the door locked?"

The rules of my house is that you never lock your bedroom door when mom is around. "I didn't want Brandi to disturb me. I am sick my sinus is acting up." I lied.

She looked at me. "That's why you have been crying?"

I nodded. "just nose irritation and teary eyes think I need to do spring cleaning around here its dusty."

She nodded. "anyway I need to talk to you about something." We both went to sit on my bed. "it's about your transportation money." I was never allowed to stay at the dorms at the college my mom didn't want me to be exposed to a wild life since she had Didi while she was young but made it regardless but Didi is following in her old footsteps that she's holding a tight leash on me not to mess up. I travel to school everyday. In the mornings I go with our neighbour Mr Leon, he works around my campus side of town, so he gives me a lift every morning then after when I am done with my classes I come back home with Lyft. "you will no longer be getting a lift from Mr Leon anymore."

I was confused. "why? What happened?"

"His wife is too much of a loud mouth she has gone around and told everyone that I am trying to get her husband through you." She rolled her eyes. "As if anyone wants the situation she's in with that man."

"that's bad." I said.

"I just came from her house to tell her that we will no longer be using her husband for transportation anymore." She told me.

I wasn't even in the mood for this conversation. "So how will I get to school?"

"you will be going with the Jerrika everyday although they leave very early in the morning at around 05:30am that's why they were here." She said.

Jerrika owns her own hair salon that gets good business because it opens early and closes late. It mostly accommodates the ladies that work late hours but still need their hair done. "Mom don't you think that I should perhaps rent a place close by or live at dorms with other kids at campus?"

"those two options are too expensive, my baby plus I've been to college and it's a pretty wild environment that you will be exposed too. I want you to graduate child free unlike me." She said.

My mom tries to shelter me from everything that might pose as a harm and prevent me completing my studies next year. I don't blame her because the family has invested a lot in my education that's why I make sure that I study hard to make them proud.

"Jerrika is like family to us so they really don't mind plus she likes you a lot and how you have been raised. She wants you to be friends with Jessika." My mom smiled.