17.

Brianni

The journey to the police station was a very disappointing one. We were not allowed to speak to her or let alone see her we were kept seated and waiting at the reception while police officers went in and out just giving us random looks and not informing us about what's happening.

The only report we got was that she is being interrogated they even went on to tell us that to stop the interrogation her lawyer would've to come through for her. The word lawyer tormented my mom's already weary soul, those people are very expensive.

The law never alerts you when it will visit you hence that's why one doesn't really prepare for such situations so our level of financial stability cannot afford a lawyer at this point. My mom did what a mother can do best and that was transpiring her pain and tears towards the situation no matter how much a mother and a child can get into it but a mother's love is one that cannot be questioned or taken into granted because it will always suffice.

When the whole day elapsed and there was still no feedback the female police officer kindly advised us to go home because honestly no hope was given to us on the progress of my sister's interrogation and they weren't even talking to us just staring no matter the drama and attention my mom brought at this moment she was scared and defeated as I was. When my mother and I walked out of there to her car I felt like the justice system of this country has failed us my mother was disappointed too but her mind was mostly circulated around how did Didi find herself in such a mess and that the King name pops up? I couldn't tell her I was also involved in this mess. She trusted me so much that she thought when she was saying sister she meant another girl whose close with her.

It's no secret that my sister lives a life that is very is not hidden but at the same time everyone would fail to understand how she had an encounter with the most hated and most dangerous thug like King. The drive back home was a bitter one my mother didn't utter any word of disappointment towards Brandi's arrest but observing her facial expression it didn't hide how much she was disappointed at her.

Yes Brandi has done things that my mother never approved off she has disappointed my mother alot of times before mom even gave up on her she has never been found on the other side of the law and I think that's what made my mother to be very disappointed than she has ever been in that position before.

I blame myself on this situation had I not set up that fake account none of this would've happened. I mean my sister has always been there for me no questions asked she even went as far as giving me all of her trust fund money just so I could get through college since she didn't get a chance to finish school.

After failing a grade after dad died she just gave up on everything. I knew that I had to come through for her at the end of the day it's my mess and I have to fix it before all of my family gets affected by all of it.

On my way home I chatted to Layla on iMessage asking her to cover for me as I go and see Zion as he requested. Lay didn't have a problem with that she even offered to walk me to his place now all I have to do is to convince my mother to allow me to spend 2 nights away from home.

I don't know how her response was gonna be because I never did any sleepovers. The first thing I did when we got home was to make her a cup of tea she loves tea it keeps her calm in tense situations. I was very nervous to ask her about this I hate lying to her, but hey Taela does it so swiftly that my mother doesn't even notice so I can do it too.

I brought her the cup of tea with tennis biscuits she was sitting on her favorite couch and listening to her favorite gospel songs. "thank you." She said softly.

"can I please talk to you?" I asked.

She lowered the volume as I sat down. "what do you wanna talk about?"