Chapter one.

CAUTION: Before you start reading this isn't my best work, i wrote it over a year ago now.  There is a sequel which is on a hiatus.  I have another Klaus fanfic called Rose which is a lot better and is updated regularly.  

"ELENA IM HOME!"  I yelled as I walked through the door.  The TV was playing but no voices were heard.  "JER?"  I yelled as I placed my keys in my bag throwing it on the ground.  I walked in to the living room to see Elena, Jeremy, Damon, Bonnie, Caroline and Tyler.  "Why didn't any of you answer me?"  I asked them, but they continued to stare.  "I wasn't expecting this welcome home, more of you lot attacking me with hugs, after all I have been gone for two bloody  months!" I yelled folding my arms over my chest.  

"Youre not my sister."  Jeremy said as he stood up, Elena grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to her.  "What are you talking about Jer?" I asked him with a confused look planted on my face.  "Em let me make it easy for you."  Damon said as he walked towards me.  "You arrived here two years ago announcing that you were Elenas sister.  When we turned up and Elena found out about vampires you admitted you were one too, although you came to Elena originally for help." I backed up slowly.  "But while you were spilling your secrets about apparently being Elena's sister and being a vampire you failed to mention something."  I bit my lip and looked at the ground.  "Would you like me to enlighten you Emerald?"  Damon asked as I looked up.  "You failed to mention that you in fact are an Original vampire and that your lovely ex is Klaus."  My eyes widened.  "How do you guys know about Klaus?"  I said barely a whisper.  "So I guess you haven't been listening to the thousands of voicemails we left you?"  Caroline snapped at me.  You could see the hurt in her eyes.  "We had a lovely run-in with Klaus for the weeks gone.  Him taking over the body of Alaric, but the best of the best was last night he tried to take my blood to make more hybrids."  My eyes widened.  "Oh my god I'm so sorry Elena."  I cried as I tried to run over to her.  Damon blocked me leaving me frowning. 

"You better start talking." Tyler growled at me. "Youre a hybrid."  I spoke barely a whisper, "Yeah as of last night!"  He spat angry. "Fine let me explain."  I said pushing past Damon.

"One thousand years ago Nik and I loved eachother.  Our families were very close in the village.  You don't need to know the history, but I was turned into a vampire with them.  But for some reason I didn't loose my ability to do magic. . ."  I said softly as they all gasped.  "Youre a witch?"  Bonnie asked me shocked.  I nodded softly.  "I told you all I was Emerald Labonair, Elena and Jer's sister that was put up for adoption, but Im actually Emerald Maison."  I said barely a whisper and I looked at the floor.  "Youre THE Maison witch."  Bonnie said standing up and walking over to me.  "My grams used to tell me stories about you, in fact the entire witch community does.  The girl who's a witch, the most powerful in the world, but she's also a vampire and a werewolf."  I frowned.  "Wait how is this even possible?"  Damon yelled as he threw his hands in the air.  "I don't know, somehow one thousand years ago my magic was still there, and still is to this day.  The last member of the Maison family tree died two months ago, which is why I left.  She left me with her power.  For some reason every time a Maison dies, I get their magic, think about it this way, I'm more powerful that 200 Bonnies.  I live off of 500 dead ancestors magic."  Elena shook her head.  "I'm confused. Last night when Klaus held me captive, I was praying for you to come help, I mentioned your name, and Klaus looked so shocked.  He asked me to repeat the name and Rebekah screamed at me to tell her more information about you."  My eyes widened as tears appeared in my eyes.  Rebekah and i were basically sisters, we were tied at the hip, always so close.   "I left Niklaus in the 1400's, Katerina had arrived and Nik was starting to ignore me, he was infatuated with the fact he found a doppelgänger of the original."  Caroline cut me off,  "Wait who's the original?"  My mouth drew a straightline.  "Her name was Tatia, but thats beside the point and a whole other story."  I paused and inhaled deeply.  "I used to tell Niklaus and his siblings that I wish I could just be a different person, live, experience the world, have a family and so on, I said that if I could, I'd change my name to Emerald Labonair because my father, who I got the werewolf side from, last name was Labonair and if i changed my name maybe I could find people from my fathers side." I said softly.  "So wait, your mother was a witch and father a werewolf?"  Tyler asked me and i nodded.  "Indeed. But I left Niklaus without telling anyone at all.  He has spent all  these years looking for me. We were in love, very much so."  I said as a smiled remembering all the memories.  "When I saw you, I knew i had to protect you Elena.  If Klaus knew you were alive you'd be dead-"  Jeremy cut me off,  "Well he already tried to kill her in some fucking sacrifise, but he apparently found out last night that he couldn't kill her because her blood is the answer to making his crazy hybrids!"  Jeremy yelled at me.  "I know you're mad at me Jer, but all this time I've been protecting you."  I said softly.  "Well, this past month, if thats what you call protecting you are doing a lousy job."  Jeremy said as he stood up from the couch and walked towards the stairs,  "Come on please Jer you're not be logical."  I said softly.  "YOU'RE NOT BEING LOGICAL!"  He screamed at me before running up the stairs.  I looked down at Elena with sad eyes.  "Where's Stefan?"  I said softly.  "At the house, Klaus compelled him to turn off his emotions, he's there with the hybrids sister."  Damon said gravely.  My eyes widened.  "Rebekah is in town?  Wheres Klaus?"  I said panicking.  "We have no idea, he ran off yesterday when i told him we woke Mikael and-"  My eyes widened.  "MIKAEL? NO, Please tell me you weren't so stupid to raise Mikael."  I whispered as tears filled my eyes.  "Who is this Mikael?" Tyler asked confused,  "Hes our worse nightmare."  I whispered.  "Who is he? Why do you all seem so scared of him?"  Elena asked me.   I shook my head.  "I cannot reminise on the past, especially if it is so dark."  I said looking down at the ground.

After a long period of silence I looked up, "I guess I'm going to have to see Rebekah again." I spoke as I wiped the tears from my face.  "Wait no I'm still confused." Caroline said speeding in front of me.  "What don't you understand Caroline?"  I asked her, venom in my words.  i was getting angry now.  They raised Mikael, they brought Klaus into town.  "Youre the most powerful witch in the world, but you're also a vampire and werewolf.  You are an ex lover of Klaus.  You're an original.  You came to keep Elena safe but-"  I cut her off. "Yes Caroline clearly you understand everything, and while we are at it since you now know everything, don't provoke me.  Im much, much worse that Niklaus. And trust me, if Niklaus is gone now, he wont be gone forever.  He'll come back for Elena."  I said walking towards the door.  "Wait so thats it you're just not helping us anymore?"  Elena said standing up and running after me.  "I cant side Elena!  I have to stay mutual." I said with apologetic eyes.  

-----

so as you can see it starts in the vampire diaries and then will end up in the originals.  this story goes upon story line mostly. x