Chapter 13

I sat with my head against the window in the passengers seat as Niklaus drives en route to Chicago.  “Emerald you haven't said a word since we left, come on.” He said turning down the radio.  I used magic to turn it back up without looking at him.  Before i knew it the music was off completely.  “I was listening to that.”  I growled.  “Oh look! She's talks!”  Niklaus exclaimed dramatically.  “Niklaus you made me think you were dead!”  I growled at him angry.  “You saved Caroline before me!”  I yelled as I finally looked over at him.  “We both know that if I turned up in my own form and tried to rescue you, you would've made me save Caroline.  You and Rebekah couldn't be killed.”  Klaus said looking at me.  I knew he wasn't wrong.  “I hurt so much.”  I said as tears left my eyes.  “But you didn't seem to care.”  I said sitting up straight in the chair.  “And I have so much anger towards you for that.  I have so much anger towards Elena, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, Kol, Esther, I have so much anger for everyone.”  I cried.  Suddenly Klaus pulled over in a lay-by and turned off the engine.  “Well look you have your humanity back on something good came out of me dying.”  He winked.  I shook my head,  “That doesn't mean that I still don't wanna pull out Elena’s heart for trying to kill me after I've done everything for her.”  I stated.  “Im just so angry all the time.”  I whispered. Nik pulled me on to his lap.  “None of this is your fault, I know you feel guilty.”  He whispered as he pressed his lips to my cheek.  “Kol said he found out some information about that night.”  Nik said holding my waist. “He said you used too much magic.  Its almost like you had to reset yourself, thats why you were asleep.”  I nodded.  “The witch he met with said it could happen if you don't use your magic also.” I looked up so my eyes met with his.

“Lets keep driving.  I wanna get far away from Mystic Falls.”  I said softly as crawled off his lap and into my seat. As Nik turned the key in the ignition my phone began to ring.  I raised an eyebrow as I saw the caller ID.  “Caroline what is it?”  I asked her.  “Oh my god Tyler got shot and theres a new hunter in town and please tell me you haven't left yet because I'm freaking out here! And-“  I cut her off.  “Bloody hell Caroline, breathe.”  I said placing my phone on speaker. “Just tell me what happened.”  I said looking at Nik and waving my hand to tell him not to drive off just yet.  “Okay so we were at the funeral because the council blew up right and-“  

“Woah what?  The council blew up?!”  I spoke confused.  “Yes and so then the funeral was yesterday, and Tyler went up to say something and was shot, just like that but previously the night before Tyler and I were have sex and I know its bad because a bunch of people just died but he reassured me it was just grief sex so we may have-“  I cut her off.  “Okay as much as I love to hear about your sex life with Tyler, carry on the story please.”  She sighed,  “Okay so we heard something downstairs and he went to check and his mum answered the door to some guy and this guy shakes Tylers and and it had been soaked in vervain or something so as soon as Tyler reacted to it, the guy shot him multiple times and Stefan says that these wooden bullets were specially created and I know you were going out of town and I'm sorry I'm the one trying to talk you back in coming but i don't know what to do and I miss you and ugh!”  Caroline groaned all in one breath.  “We are on our way Caroline.” Nik said taking my phone and cancelling the call.  I looked at Niklaus with disbelief. “Are you serious?”  I snapped at him.  “We finally were leaving Mystic Falls and now you wanna go back!?”  I yelled.  “Tyler was my first successful hybrid, Emerald. I have no more blood to create anymore, they're a dying breed.  Im not letting anyone take liberty on the ones i have left. We’re going back, and I wouldn't mind meeting this hunter for myself.”  He winked.