Chapter 17

“Elena is the reason Kol is dead.  Remind me why we haven't killed her yet?”  I asked as I pulled my backpack on.  “We cant.” Rebekah grumbled.  

Rebekah and i glared at Elena as she walked past us.  “You know you're not really helping.”  Stefan said noticing our glares.  “Oh I think you're perfectly capable of tying a knot.”  Rebekah said, her eyes not leaving Elena.  “No, you know the evil eye, its not really helping guys.”  I frowned.  “She killed Kol. She's lucky I haven't ripped her heart out.”  I said watching Elena.  “She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my back, she's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye.”  Rebekah said as I sighed and leant my head on her shoulder.  Elena stopped in her tracks,  “You know I can hear you both, right?”  Elena said without spinning around to face us.  “You know we don't care, right?”  Rebekah said smirking.  Suddenly Elena span around a sped over towards us.  She placed her hand on Rebekahs neck and held a white oak stake to her chest.  Rebekah pushed her to the ground as we walked over to her.  “You could try and kill me but then you'll have to face your real problems, like the fact Stefan invited me here himself.  Guess he likes me.”  Rebekah winked.  “And if you try to kill one of us again, I will not give hybrids a second thought and leave you on this island to rot.”  I growled as I began to walk away, Rebekah right behind me.

“Satellite phone lost its signal.”  Shane said as we began to hike up the mountain.  “Well thats a good sign.” Damon spoke sarcastically.  “Is anyone else a little bit creeped out?”  Elena asked timidly as I rolled my eyes.  “Youre pathetic.”  I huffed.  “So then Elena, leave! If anyone your presence is the least needed.” Rebekah said from next to me.  I smirked.  “Dont start.” Stefan mumbled.  “Just stating the facts.  Jeremy has the spell on his body, Bonnie has the spell that unseals the cure,  Shane is the human compass, Emerald is the stronger witch and is actually trustworthy and even though she is not a Bennett witch she is strong enough to receive the cure and would actually share it with me, Stefan and I have the tombstone, which does god knows what, and Elena, has no point!” Rebekah exclaimed.  “What about me?”  Damon called out.  “YOU HAVE A NICE BEHIND!” Rebekah and I spoke in unison.

We had been hiking for hours and the day was turning to night quickly. The sky was no longer filled with a bright light yet only a few stars.  We had turned on our flashlights as we continued to walk together through the mountains.  Shane began to tell us stories of Qetsiyah and Silas.  “Centuries after Qetsiyah died are the minors who were exhibiting a well on the island, suddenly went mad, bled themselves dry, no apparent reason. So legend spreads that these minors, in exchange of their blood saw visions of their loved ones while they were digging. So word travelled and explorers went out to see if this legend was true.”  

“So the well was magic?”  Bonnie asked.  “Well you know some people believe the voices of lost souls were just a word vortex in the caves.  Visions were made by inhaling the islands poisonous plant life.”  Shane said waving his hand slightly.  “Well then what do you believe?”  Elena spoke up.  I looked over at Rebekah,  “Even her voice annoys me.”  I groaned in her ear leaving Rebekah to snicker.  “I believe in magic.”  Shane breathed.  “My wife, and my son died within months of eachother.  So I decided to try the well out for myself.  I offered out my blood and I waited.  I began to hear whispers so I called out, wanting answers.  I thought it was my wife Caitlin so I began to call her name.  I attached a rope to my belt and began to go down and deeper into the well.  I heard footsteps and whispers and then suddenly I began to panic, my rope felt almost loosened and I couldn't get back up, and that when I fell. I fell directly onto the wells ground, I was in the most immense amount of pain. I felt paralysed and thats when I saw her, I saw my wife. I saw her eyes, I saw her smile.  My blood let me see her again.”  I had heard this story before when he tried to get me to raise Silas.  “Yeah I got it, don't go near the poisonous  plants.”  Damon said pulling his backpack further onto his shoulders and began to carry on walking Rebekah and I close behind.