Chapter 2

“Rebekah!?”  I yelled as I walked into the Salvatore boarding house.  Suddenly I was shoved against a wall.  Rebekah stood over me.  “Emerald?”  She whispered with tears in her eyes. I didn't want to be here.  I didn't want to reconnect with the Mikaelsons but seeing Rebekah brought tears to my eyes.  “Youre back?”  She whispered as she hugged me tightly, bring her face into my neck.  “Is Nik going to kill me?”  I whispered and she pulled away from me instantly.  “Dont be ridiculous  Emerald! Nik still loves you, he never stopped.  He would never hurt you.”  I frowned,  “He loves you too Rebekah and he stuck a dagger in your heart.”  She shook her head and smiled, “The difference is, is that you cant be daggered.”  I laughed slightly.  “He loves you with an immense amount of passion Em.  Call him.”  She said handing me her phone.  I continued to stare at it.  “I cant believe I'm talking to you right now.”  Rebekah said softly. I raised an eyebrow.  “I thought you wouldn't want to ever see me again, I thought you hated me, hated us.”  I shook my head.  “I wanted a different life Rebekah, I was selfish, I only thought of myself and then once i left I couldn't just turn back, could I?” I paused.  “I loved Nik but I felt that he didn't love me anymore.  When Katerina arrived he was so infactuated with her, I barely saw him.  Instead of us going places he ordered me to go with you.  When you were busy, I went with Kol.  When I needed him to be my date to the dances, he made me go with Elijah.  Rebekah it was too much, and I just wanted to feel normal.  Be normal.”  Rebekah nodded understandingly.  “I see, but Emerald, you will never be normal.  We will never be normal.  No matter how much we try, we cant have a family, we cant be killed, we have to live for eternity.”  I frowned.  “I guess you're right.”  I said softly.  “So now you are back, bonding time begins.” She paused and placed her phone in my hand,  “Call Nik.  He loves you Em, never forget that.”  I nodded.  “Are you going to the bonfire tonight.”  My lips perched.  “No.  I don't think so.  Elena and her gang, well we aren't really on the same page.”  

“Mmm Damon told me about that.  Faking to be that Gilberts sister, claps for you Emerald.”  I rolled my eyes as I flipped open her phone.  I scrolled till I saw her brothers name.  “What am I supposed to say? Niklaus its Emerald and I'm back and I'm sorry for leaving you?”  Rebekah rolled her eyes.  “Dont be pathetic little E.  Tell him what you feel.”  I raised an eyebrow in confusion.  “And that is . . .”I said softly.  “That you love him and you're extremely sorry and that you will help him with Elena.”  I shook my head.  “Niklaus is being horrible Rebekah.  Ive lived with Elena for so long, Elena and I have grown to love each other like family.” Rebekah glared at me causing me to stop talking.  “But I thought we were family, Em.”  I looked down.  “Rebekah you've always been my family-“ 

“-Then show us! Show us you are still family, show us by helping us and not them Emerald!” I had just realised how much I missed Rebekah, how much I missed being around her.  “Fine.  I’ll help you, because I left you and I owe you this.” I said softly.

-5 days later-

I still haven't spoken to Niklaus.  He doesn't know I'm in town, and Rebekah promised not to tell him anything until I was ready.

Rebekah and I were stretching for cheer practice when Elena walked towards us. Immediately I stood up, followed by Rebekah.  “You, goodie.”  Rebekah spoke sarcastically.  “I was hoping we could talk.”  She said looking between Rebekah and I.  “About what? Stefan? Don't worry I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact you should probably take a page out of my book if I'm honest.”  Rebekah said as she squinted away from the sun.  “Id rather talk about this.”  Elena said as she brought out two photos.