Chapter 8

“Oh look! Heres the other rebel!” Kol yelled as I walked into the room still in my ball gown, throwing my heels across the room.  “So where were you?  You don't seem to have sex hair like Rebekah over there.”  Kol smirked as he pulled me down to sit on his lap. I looked over at Rebekah who was also in her ballgown. “Shut up Kol.”  I growled at him standing up and walking towards Nik peering over his shoulder to see what he was drawing.  “Oooh she's feisty this morning lads.” Kol yelled.  I rolled my eyes.  “I swear to god Kol if you don't shut up the next thing that will be coming out of your mouth with be your tongue.  Because I would have ripped it out and stuck it so far up your arse you’d be crying in pain.”  I hissed at him as I collapsed next to Klaus, my head leaning on his chest.  His chest began to vibrate as he chuckled at my response.  “Where were you sweetheart?”  Klaus asked me as he played with my hair.  “Salem.”  I yawned.  “Had to meet a witch.”  I said softly.  “I told Esther last night.”  I said. 

“IM BORED!”  Kol groaned.  “I need enetertainment.”  He said.  “What are you waiting for?  Have at it.”  Nik smirked as he began to draw again.  “Its not fun to go alone! I can already tell Emerald is going to say no because she's clearly exhausted so come with me Nik!”  Suddenly Kol’s voice turned soft.  “Its the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart.”  I let out a small laugh and sat up.  “Go with him Niklaus.  You have nothing better to do.”  I said patting his arm.  “Okay! Why not.”  He said placing his sketchbook down. “i didn't have nearly enough to drink last night with you trying to murder Rebekahs date!”  He said standing up from the couch and towards the door, Kol following quickly behind.  “Yes please go! This house has nearly enough men rolling around in it.”  Rebekah said watching them leave.  “Yeah just like you Bekah!”  Kol smirked pointing over at her.  “THANKS FOR MY GOODBYE KISS NIKLAUS!”  I yelled sarcastically.  Suddenly he ran in and placed his hands on each side of my face.  “Goodbye sweetheart.”  He said kissing my lips tenderly.  “Have fun.”  I winked watching him leave.

“Rebekah! Emerald!”  Elijah said walking into the room as Rebekah collapsed on the seat next to me resting her head on my lap.  We both groaned. “Ugh not you to Elijah.” Rebekah groaned.

“Im worried about mother.” Elijah said walking towards us holding sage in his hands.  “Have you noticed her strange behaviour?”  He asked us.  “Shes been dead for one thousand years.  Whats strange for her?”  Rebekah asked sitting up as I laughed at her reply.  “Burnt sage.  She was doing a privacy spell.”  He said throwing it at us.  “You know she fancies such things.  Why don't you ask Finn.  He’s been doting on her.”  Rebekah said causing me to nod.  “And besides sage is a way of keeping bad spirits out.  Maybe she was just cleaning the room.”  I said softly.  “I don't trust Finn.  He hates what we are, he always has.” Elijah said simply.  “Thats not true.”  I said sighing.  “And as for mother she returned for one reason, to make her family whole.  She loves us, what trouble are you looking to find?”  Rebekah asked as she looked up at her older brother.

I awoke with a pain in my heart.  I gasped.  “Ugh what the hell?”  I grumbled. I reached over for my phone and looked at the screen 38 missed calls?  What?

“Elijah you called me?”  I said softly into the phone as I shuffled off of the bed.  “YES! Like 30 times! Where have you been?” He asked me.  “Ive been sleeping.  Im exhausted.  Now what is the problem, tell me so I can return to my slumber.”  I said as I put a hand through my hair.  “Meet me us at the grill immediately.  We are linked, if one of us dies, we all die.”  I gasped as I grabbed my long red coat and placing it on over my black lace nightgown. “Esther?”  I asked as I rushed to find a pair of shoes.  “Who else?” He growled before hanging up.