Chapter 12

Walking into Niklaus’ room I touched his painting and drawings.  A tear rolled down my face as I walked over towards the window where a canvas stood.  The canvas was covered over by a white cloth and I knew this was the painting Niklaus’ was designing for me.  As my fingers tentatively ran over the cloth I gasped.  I looked down to see an arrow in my heart.

I woke up in the back of a van I tugged at my arms as I hissed in pain.  “Vervain ropes.” Two female voices said in unison.  I looked up to see Rebekah and Caroline.  “Why am I here?”  I asked them in a panic.  “The council have taken us.”  Caroline hissed.  All of a sudden there was a huge impact on my side of the car making me scream and hiss as the windows smashed. “What the hell happened?”  Rebekah cried as we were all now laying down horizontally.  

The back of the van door was ripped off exposing a tough looking Tyler Lockwood.  “Tyler?”  Caroline spoke confused as he began to untie her ropes.  “Im harder to kill than you think.”  He smirked pulling at a rope soaked in vervain. “You’re alive?”  Caroline cried hysterically as I looked over to Rebekah in confusion.  Niklaus was dead, I watched my love burn into flames.  Tyler should be dead.  He picked Caroline up and lead her out the back of the van, “Come on we have to go.”  Caroline jumped out of the van,  “Wait what about us?”  Rebekah spoke as I laid their flabbergasted.  “I swear if you don't help us now I will kill you Tyler.”  He smiled,  “Keep them busy little sister.” He paused slightly and looked over at me,  “You will be fine my little flower.”  Tyler whispered in my ear.  My eyes widened. Only Niklaus used to call me that.  “No thats not possible!”  Rebekah whispered looking at me with wide eyes.  

“They stuck you in here with us because they thought you were a vampire.”  I explained to Elena after she woke up.  “Wheres Stefan.”  She mumbled as she ran a hand through her hair.  “Im right here Elena.” Stefan said pushing himself as close as he could to the metal bars.  “Stefan I-I didn't feed.”  She whined.  I let out a small laugh, “Well well.  Rebekah you didn't do your work well enough.  The bitch is in transition.” I spat as I looked at Elena.  Rebekah began to laugh,  “Has anyone done their math or shall I?  Lets say you have less than three hours left to feed or I get to watch you die all over again.”  Elena began to pull on the metal bars.  “Well my day just got a whole lot better.”  I smirked.

I laid down on the ground with my eyes closed.  How was Klaus alive?  Why would he pick Caroline to save?

“Stefan! Stefan somethings happening.”  I snapped my eyes open to see Elena standing out with her arms open. 

“AYE! AYE!”  Stefan yelled as he stood up and shook the metal bars.  “Would you shut up.”  Rebekah complained.  “YOU THINK WE ARE AFRAID OF YOU?” Stefan continued.  “You want more vervain?  Keep it down.”  The guard threatened as he walked into the barn.  “Listen to me.  Elena is going to die if you don't let her out of here.”  He looked over at Elena and then back to Stefan. “Sorry, not my problem.”  Stefans eyes turned dark.  “Shes innocent. Let her out.” Stefan spoke drowsily.  The guard spun around when suddenly Stefan yelled, “LET HER OUT!”  The guard pulled out his gun and shot Stefan twice.  I rolled my eyes, “Is he really that stupid?” I mumbled to Rebekah as Stefan began pull out his wooden bullets.