14: Sylesia

Lilly's PoV.:

Sara was gone when I woke up. I don't know how I knew that I just felt it or more precisely I didn't feel her presence. I got up and took on black jeans and my light blue T-shirt with the dragonhead on it. I took on my dampening bracelet as well and went to the galley to get some breakfast. When I arrived Ava was already there.
"Good morning Captain," I said teasing her a little though she really was the captain. Well, one of them anyway. "Where's Sara?" I asked thinking Ava might know where Sara went.
"She needed some alone time" Ava answered. "Did you have a good night?" she asked leaving the fabricator with a cup of coffee and some french toast on a tray.
"Yes I did," I said while making some coffee for myself. "I actually dreamt with Sara." For that sentence, I got an I'm gonna kill you look from Ava so I quickly added "I mean I saw her death in my dream. And I heard her sister yelling her name several times." After that Ava told me that it happened in the past and that for a whole year Sara was dead. She also told me how she came back to life.

By the time she finished the story Mitch came in and made some burgers for himself. The Galley soon filled up with all the other Legends except for John. That was my perfect opportunity to talk to him, but first I wanted to do something else. I walked into the med-bay and closed the door.
"Gideon," I said sitting down on one of the beds.
"Yes, Miss Waters?" the AI reacted.
"Do you have that simulation program Behrad made to detect loopholes?" I really hoped she would say yes. To my relief, she did say yes. "Can you do me a favor and try to convert my and the dragon's consciousness into that simulation program? maybe like that, I could talk to her" I asked the AI.
"Yes I can but it could be dangerous as the dragon itself is possessed by a demon" I looked shocked which the AI somehow picked up on as she added "I ran a scan after you returned from the Cornsen ship and I detected it. Constantine taught me some things and I could originally tell if someone was possessed. Though in your case it was hard to find."
"Sometimes I'm scared of you Gideon," I said laying down and putting the sedative giver on my wrist.
"I will keep you there for an hour and pull you out after. If you need anything I will hear you" she said while dosing me with the sedative. I slowly fell asleep. When I opened my eyes next I was still in the med-bay but it felt different. I stood up and walked out to find what I went there for. It didn't take me long to find her though I was surprised when I found the dragon in the glass cage of the Brig. I wanted to open the cage door but the dragon shook her head.
"There is a good reason you keep me here," she said. Her voice was deep yet feminine and it was regal in a way but not sniffy. "You might not see it but the demon is closed in here as well and if you open the door it gets lose"
"Can I still talk to you?" I asked. Ever since I felt her I wanted to get to know her. She was a dragon, after all, living in me. "For instance do you have a name?" I asked
"Yes," she answered. My name is Sylesia"
"Like the mountain?" I asked back.
"Yes but not on your language. It is an ancient Dragon name meaning noble" she said. I wanted to know so many things, like where was she born how did she became a dragon who can live inside people, and how she chooses her hosts. She started to chuckle and said "Slow down. I can't answer everything at once." I looked at her confused. "We share a psychic connection not to mention the fact that we are in your mind right now." She sat down before she spoke again. "Now in order. I was born on a small island called Dragon-world I think you can guess why. I was born a Host-dragon meaning I could choose a host and live with them, giving them the ability to transform and longer life than their usual one. I myself am immortal but that is not something usual for my kind. I choose my hosts according to their futures. I can see moments in every baby's future and sometimes they might need me. Sometimes I just choose randomly."
"So which one did you use when you chose me?" I asked the next question on my mind.
"I chose you because of your family. Your father was a mechanical genius and your mother knew a lot about aliens and supernatural things. I was already fighting the demon when I chose you. I apologize for the trouble I caused you with that."
"So you needed a way to contain the demon and my family could do it?" I asked not sure if I understood correctly.
"No. I needed a way to contain me until someone could get the demon out of me" she said. I felt bad for her. Up till then I only contained her not knowing what I did or what sacrifice she made so she could avoid hurting anyone. "Do you think Constantine could do it?" I asked after a little bit of thinking.
"Maybe," she said. Then something occurred to me.
"How is it that the demon is not inside you now?" I asked confused.
"Well, I think Gideon did something so we could talk" she answered.

After that, we got to know each other a little better. I mean she already knew a lot of things about me but I still didn't know anything about her. She told me about her childhood and her siblings. She had five sisters and two brothers. Even though they were supposed to hatch at the same day, every single one of her siblings hatched a week before her. She also told me how she learned that she was immortal which was when she met someone who saw the future. That person told her that he sees no death in her future. She was nice and easy-going just like me and she agreed with me that sometimes we have to break the rules to achieve something good.
"I see you've become friends" I heard Gideon's voice. "While it would be amazing to listen to your chat a little more I have something else for you, Lilly," she said. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around ready to hit someone. A beautiful woman stood in front of me. Her hair was brown and every clothing she wore was black. I felt something odd about her and I could tell by the way Sylesia reacted to her that I wasn't wrong.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"You know me" she answered. Her voice was identical to Gideon's. I took a step backward as I realized it. "I'm Sorry Sylesia but I need Lilly here before the one hour ends." The dragon didn't react but Gideon started to walk out of the brig. I followed her suspiciously. We ended up on the Bridge. The whole team was there and Gideon just disappeared.
"Finally Lilly" Sara said looking at me. "We have a situation and we were hoping you could help us"
"What do you need?" I asked. I didn't understand why Gideon would put me here as I wasn't part of the team.
"We encountered an alien ship. Can you tell us what species it is?" she asked. I went to the window and looked out to see if I can make out the ship from there. It was a huge cargo ship that meant it wasn't one specific race. Those ships were used for intergalactic transportation. I told that to Sara and we let the ship go. Sara turned to me.
"We could use your knowledge on the ship," she said. "We have a room too if you decide to stay." This shocked me as ever since I almost killed Sara I felt useless on the ship and in my work. I was a liability. Someone who could destroy the ship if seconds. Sara's offer caught me off guard but I didn't have time to think about it as Gideon woke me up as promised one hour after I arrived. When I opened my eyes I saw Constantine, Ava, and Sara standing over my bed.