15: Demons, objects, and people

Sara's PoV.:

We got into the Jumpship with Charlie and plotted a course Back to 2020 to the AI Agency. I still couldn't believe how genius this name was. We time jumped and after years I lost my sight for like two minutes as a side-effect. It didn't really bother me after all, I won a game of beer-pong blind. We landed and got out. Charlie wanted to help me but I told her I'll be fine. It was half hour after I left the ship which was a little weird as we spent a whole night with Charlie. I went to the bridge where I found Constantine drinking.
"Where is everyone?" I asked John as he probably wanted to be alone.
"In the Galley," he said then turned back to one of the computers.
"Except for Miss Waters," Gideon added. "She is currently in the Med-bay."
"What is she doing there?" I asked the AI. "Is she hurt?" I somehow felt responsible for Lilly even though she wasn't part of the team. She felt like part of it. This thought actually gave me an idea but first, we needed to make sure everything was okay with her.
"She is in a simulation to talk to her dragon form. It is actually her own mind. She wanted to do it before she talks to Mr. Constantine" Gideon said when we were already in the Med-bay.
"And you let her?" I asked a little upset.
"You put her into her mind with a bloody demon?" John asked also upset. I couldn't tell if he was concerned about Lilly or just having to fight a demon on the ship again.
"The dragon is not the demon and I could separate the demon and the dragon for an hour giving Lilly time to get to know the dragon. That was fifteen minutes ago" Gideon finished the explanation. I was a little surprised by the fact that our AI could separate a demon from its vessel but then again Gideon was an evil genius.

We went to the Galley to meet up with the others. They were already welcoming Charlie when we went in. Ava came and kissed me when I stepped inside. After saying hi we all sat down. I looked at Charlie and started to talk.
"There is a reason Charlie came back with me," I said slowly looking around. I tried to figure out a way to tell them that the Loom wasn't destroyed. "I have bad news," I said deciding to just simply come out with it. There was no easy way to say it. "Last year we destroyed the Loom of Fate at least that's what we thought but in reality, it didn't get destroyed. Its power was converted into me. That's how I regained my sight and how I still have visions" I went quiet to give my team time to process what I just told them before I continued. "We have to find a way to destroy it permanently. This kind of cosmic power shouldn't belong in the hands of anyone on Earth or beyond." Everyone stayed quiet for like five minutes when John spoke up.
"We could always try to exorcise it from you," he said. I didn't think it was a bad idea but Charlie thought otherwise.
"That is the worst idea I heard in a long time," she said. "It's an ancient artifact, not a demon Johno"
"Do you have a better idea, cause the way I see it, at least I had something and you just brought her back here," he said looking at Charlie.
"No I don't, but at least I can tell the difference between a demon and an object," Charlie said smiling at John.
"Can you though?" he asked, "You couldn't tell the difference between a demon and a lost girl could you Charlie?"
"In my defense, Astra did just come back from Hell and everyone else was suspicious of her" Charlie reacted. By that time all of us were holding our heads but didn't say anything. I wanted to see where this goes. "And she did act like she wanted to betray us"
"But I was with her and you still blamed her for something she didn't do. If I remember correctly, you did it"
"Because a literal demon told me to" Charlie started to yell.
"You still blamed someone else" Constantine started to yell too.
"Enough!" I yelled putting my hand on John's. I kinda wished I didn't, as the next thing I saw was him jumping on Charlie and the two starting to literally fight over a simple thing like this. When I stepped out of the vision I ordered both of them to sit down.
"We can find a way together," I said. "Now if we don't find a better way we will try John's exorcism idea. Charlie, I didn't bring you here to start a fight, and John, I thought you were older than this. Apparently, I was wrong so no one speaks unless I tell you so." At that moment we heard a big thunder. "Gideon?" I asked the AI.
"A thunderstorm is about to start in the city" she answered.
"Wonderful" I sighed and turned back to the team. "Now. John, I want you and Ava to come with me to the Med-bay fifteen minutes from now. We need to talk to Lilly. Nate, look into ancient artifacts see if you can find anything that can help us destroy the power. Lita, don't destroy your heat-gun we might need it in the future. Everyone else, don't blow up the ship." When I finished giving the tasks the ship got shaken. Right after that, an electric pulse came out from the food fabricator and hit the air totem on Behrad's wrist, bounced off of it, and hit Zari's metal necklace. She passed out as a result.

For a moment everyone was quiet before Ava, who sat next to her grabbed the unconscious Zari and rushed out of the Galley with her. Ten minutes later me, Ava, and John were sitting in the med-bay waiting for two girls to wake up. When the one hour passed we stood up and went closer to Lilly's bed. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at us.
"Good morning," I said. She sat up and raised a question.
"To what do I owe this visit?"
"Well, you put yourself and everyone on this ship in danger just to meet a dragon," Ava said a little harsh but she was right.
"Sorry, but I had to know," she said.
"Know what?" John asked.
"That she isn't the demon. And I was right" she said. "Can you help her?" She asked John.
"Well I will need you to turn into the dragon but yes I think I can" he answered.
"Do you have a death wish?" Ava asked surprised.
"Yup, most of the time he does" I answered for John who gave me a not too friendly look for it.
"I didn't know mini-me could sing" we heard Zari after minutes of silence. We all looked at her confused. I knew of one time the first Zari sang but how did this zari know about it? I didn't have a clue but Ava was faster in asking.
"What do you mean?" She asked. Zari looked at us and shook her head as if she was trying to get rid of a thought or something.
"Nothing I just had a weird dream." She said then turned towards the ceiling. "Gidget, can I go?" She asked.
"Yes, miss Tarazi you are free to go" the AI answered. It was weird but we had bigger fish to fry at that point.
"John, go find a safe place where Lilly can transform and get rid of her demon," I told John. "Lilly, after that I need to talk to you so find me," I said before I left the med-bay and found my way back to my room.