18: Planning

Sara's PoV.:

After Lilly told me she wants to stay Nate came into the Library. He was reading a book not even looking up so I decided not to bother him. I was kind of in the zone though I wouldn't really say that. Ever since my powers returned they grew and with every day they were stronger. That day I started to feel people around me. I felt their presence, their magical energy, and in some cases even the years they had to live, though only if I really focused on a person. It was a little overwhelming so I tried to rest but of course, the Waverider was on top of a building full of people, so it didn't really work out.
"Charlie," I said looking up right before she stepped into the room. I didn't see her but I felt her presence. "I need your help," I said turning completely to her. "I feel every single person around me and I don't just mean the crew on the ship but the people in the building under us," I said.
"That must be exhausting," she said. "I usually only felt those who wanted children as I was the one making the threads. I can't really help I can only tell you that it's gonna get easier. And we will find a way soon to get rid of it" she said helping me stand up from the table I was sitting on. "Until then, let's drink," she said. She was onto something. I went after her into the galley. At first, it didn't really help but then the whiskey really kicked in and made my nerves relax a little. I realized how tense this thing made me and also that if I'm relaxed it's easier to close the people out. We spent the morning talking with Charlie mostly things we did while we were apart.

At noon Nate rushed into the galley. He was still holding the same book he was reading in the morning and his face was so lighted up that even a stranger could tell he had good news.
"I found it!" he yelled sitting down in front of us. "Well, actually Gideon found it but the end result is the same."
"Nate," we said with Charlie. Nate was a nice guy but sometimes he just forgot to tell us the important things.
"Right," he said than put down the book in front of us. "See these descriptions?" he pointed at the page. "A rick that can give you the ability the control wind. Or another that makes you able to use animal powers and so on. This book states that all of these were given to different people by a mighty beast. It doesn't say what it was but Gideon showed me that in another book, there is a description of a dragon stating it was a mighty beast looking after those with great power. That book actually mentions the Loom of Fate as one of the great powers so I did a little research whether we could find this dragon here or not. Gideon pulled up a record that doesn't exist anywhere but it talks about a mission to kill all the dragons living on the island called Dragon-world. Fortunately, I also know when it happens so we can go there and ask this dragon whether she has a solution to our problem."
"Thanks, Nate," I told him. "We go tomorrow. Figure out the dragon's name by then and the best time to go to" after that Nate took the book and left.

We spent the rest of the afternoon telling the team what we were doing. Lilly and Zari were out so we couldn't talk to them but I did tell Cloe that we would want to take her sister on a mission. She, of course, said that it's okay but also told me that she wants to plan a party for her before she leaves for good. We agreed that she plans it while we're on the mission and then the Legends would bring her there. I wanted to talk to Lilly when she came back but she was too tired so I decided to tell her in the morning.

I woke up at six in the morning with a slight overhang and went to take a shower. I came out a half-hour later and I felt fresh though still annoyed by the feeling of every person in a mile radius. I went to the bridge and found Lilly there. She was laughing probably on something the dragon inside her said. I went to my seat and waited for her to finish.
"Hey Sara good morning," she said when I sat down.
"Good morning Lilly" I answered. "Gideon call everyone here" I turned to the AI. "Want to actually time-travel?" I asked Lilly after calling the team meeting.
"Yeah, why?" she sounded and seemed confused and somehow I could tell that the dragon was confused too. At that point, I really loved my new ability.
"Well, we are going to an island to a civilization that has been whipped out thousands of years ago," I answered. She would hear the full story on the meeting that was starting in five minutes as only Nate was missing from the team on the bridge. He soon came in and we started the meeting.
"I am going to sit so if you want to, you can sit down too," I told my team and they all sat down in front of me. "So, we are going to visit a dragon to find out if she has answers. Nate please tell us what we know"
"We have to go back to a time before three-thousand BC" Nate started holding a book in his hands. "The island called Dragon-world got invaded around that time. Now according to this book that Gideon found, we are looking for a dragon named Arlísen." When Nate said the name I felt some kind of shifting in the dragon inside Lilly and I saw Lilly being uneasy for a second. "She was the leader of all dragons until the invaders destroyed all of them." Nate didn't realize the strange acting of Lilly just continued. "Now we have to be careful as not all dragons liked humans. Arlísen was one who actually did and she was also the one who gave the totems to their original bearers before they migrated to Zambesi. According to this book she had to do something with the placement of the Loom of Fate though it's foggy on the details she at least knew about it. I would actually suggest going to three-thousand three-hundred BC as she had eggs after that and dragons are not exactly cooperative when they have eggs and/or kids. We will also need a dragon to be with us for translation so we don't need the actual dragon" he said the last part turning to Lilly.
"Sylesia says that it would be safer for you if she did go as herself" Lilly answered
"Okay," I said. "Nate, you know everything so you will be our helper. Lilly, Sylesia,  you two are going to be our guides. Charlie, come with us to explain the Loom if needed. The rest of you, stay hidden and don't blow up the ship." I said then turned the chair around. "Gideon, plot a course" I tried to think of a good send-off line but my head was still buzzing a little from all the people we were surrounded by. We time-jumped to the timeline we needed to. I didn't think there was a jump big enough so I could feel any of the side effects but it turned out there was. I didn't hear anything for five minutes but a look behind me told me that I got lucky. Mick seemed to have the rare case of bleeding through the eyeball, Ava couldn't stop vomiting and the others were either blind or couldn't speak.
"How long is it gonna take?" I heard a telepathic voice. "Just think of the answer" the voice also told me. I was thinking hard that probably two minutes or so and that's when I realized that Lilly wasn't affected at all. "Dragons are immune to most of the side effects for some reason" the telepathic voice explained. That was when I realized that it was Lilly. We Waited until all the side effects wore off and the investigator team left the ship.