21: Fate and Destiny: Decided

Sara's PoV.:

"You really have to tell me what's going on," I told my sister when I finally caught up with her. First the things from my past, then Gideon, who led me to a house full of the people who died during the missions we went on and now Laurel. I wanted to know why all of this is happening, though I did see where it was going.
"For being able to decide whether you want the power or not, you need to see clearly," Laurel said stopping in front of a bench. She sat down and I followed her example. "You are the Paragon of destiny" she continued. "You know what destiny is. You know how to recognize it. But you are also a strong believer that you choose your Fate and not the other way around." I didn't see where she was going with this, but I nodded. "You see, most people would tell you, that you can't have it both ways, but you know more than anyone that this is not true"
"Why?" I cut her off. If anyone it was Oliver who knew this well. He died to cheat the destiny of two other people.
"Exactly" Laurel seemed to answer to my thoughts so I looked at her a little confused. "You know two people who had a destiny and you also know the person who took on their Fates." I realized something.
"Why are you using destiny and fate as if they didn't mean the same thing?" I asked.
"Because they're not" Laurel answered simply. "Gideon did tell you, that you weren't wrong about us choosing our fates but let me explain it" I finally had a slight idea where she was going. "Destiny is written. You can't choose it. It is what you have your skills for, basically what you were born to do. Fate is different. It is uncertain and just like time, it can change because of the smallest decision."
So what your saying is, that Destiny is what we were meant to do and Fate is what we choose to do" I stated more like asked but Laurel nodded anyway.
"Like how Leonard had a destiny of becoming a Legend, but his Fate was to die saving them. He chose to do that. Or how Oliver's destiny was to lead Star city for a long time and live a long and happy life, but his Fate was to restart the universe and die to save you. You see your destiny was, to get the Loom's power, but your Fate is undecided. That is why the Loom of Fate is dangerous. Not because it changes your destiny, but because by being a guide to fate itself, it can decide things instead of anyone in the wrong hands"
"Like the Fates" I interrupted again.
"Yes. Though it was Clotho's destiny first to get the power, she turned the offer down right before she scattered the pieces in the multiverse. You see the Loom, just like the spear, isn't a weapon in itself. It is supposed to be a guide to those who struggle and help those like Lilly. It only becomes a weapon if you want to use it as one. Now it is time for you to choose but remember. The power can not be destroyed and eventually, it will find a new host" With this she disappeared and I was left alone once again.

I was sitting there for a while thinking about what Laurel said. She was right in ways but still, it was a huge responsibility to wield these powers. I wanted to help but having these powers could have meant leaving the Legends. Ultimately it came down to a simple choice. Work alone, with the help of the Loom to help people who are struggling, or go with the Legends and fix history or fight aliens. Be known to people by helping, or go on unnoticed by most of the world but still helping. It wasn't a choice. I knew what it meant for the team and also for the rest of the world. I didn't have to choose because for me the next step was obvious. I stood up and started to walk on instinct. I went back to the house and then to the table. I continued walking and I reached the point where, in my Vision, Clotho ran into the forest. I turned there and went into the forest. I found myself in a tunnel and went through it. When I reached the end I woke up on the stone floor of a cave. There was fire around me but it soon blew out. I slowly sat up though I had a headache. I felt like I just woke up from a coma. I looked around and found nobody in the cave near me though I was sure that someone is watching me from the distance. That theory was proved when Ava showed up in front of my eyes and hugged me pushing me into dizzyness which I thought would only come once I stood up.
"You okay Sara?" she asked checking me out. "I thought you were never gonna wake up" she finished. Instead of answering I just nodded at her. I still had a headache and so I tried to do the minimum of everything. She took the sign and sat down beside me staying quiet but still hugging me. We sat like that for a half-hour when Lita showed up in the cave.
"Sara, you're awake," she said hugging me. By that time my headache wasn't as bad, so I decided to stand up and move a little. Soon everyone was inside and all of them were throwing questions at me.
"Did you get rid of the powers?"
"What did you see?"
"Did you know you were out for almost three whole days?"
"Did you visit the Sanctuary?"
"What happened to you?" Basically, everyone had a question and my head was going back to the way it was when I woke up so I yelled into the chaos of questions.
"One question at a time, please," I said and pointed at Nate to ask his question first.
"What did you see?" he asked.
"Gideon, my dead sister and a bunch of other people who died. I'm not sure what Gideon was doing there, the people who died, I could talk to them and my sister told me the difference between Destiny and Fate. After that, I answered every question. Most of them were about the place I saw or the things that happened. Eventually, we came to the part where I had to tell them my decision.
"It was an easy choice really" I started explaining. "Laurel told me how the Loom could be a guide if used properly and that I can choose whether I want to keep it or not. It really came down to the choice between the Loom and you guys as, if I chose the Loom I probably would have left the team eventually as Nora did. It was never a question whether I want to be known for helping or I want to spend the rest of my life with you all. I gave up the Loom" For a whole minute everyone looked at me surprised. Then they all came to hug me, even Mick which was weird but after me crying and being all touchy-feely I couldn't complain. We stayed there for the night then said goodbye to the dragons and flew off into the sunset. Well, actually the sunrise but the result was the same. A time jump.