17: Bonding

Lilly's PoV.:

I went home to talk to Cloe. I didn't want to leave her without a heads-up but I definitely wanted to go with the Legends.
"Don't overthink it Lils" Sylesia said. "She will be fine with us going."
"So it's an us now," I said loudly as I was walking on an abandoned alleyway. I felt Sylesia's yes and then we both went quiet once again. I arrived home and found Cloe in the kitchen.
"Hey Cloe," I said getting my shoes off.
"Hey sis" she answered. "I'm still cooking" she continued.
"What would you say if I went with the Legends once they leave?" I asked stepping into the kitchen. Cloe stopped in her movement for a moment then continued.
"I'd say you decided later than I expected." I could not believe her. Of course, she was my sister but to know me this well, I never thought she would. I nodded.
"Than I move in, to the Waverider tomorrow if you don't mind," I said tasting the sauce she was making. "This is good," I said. "I hope you prepared a big meal," Cloe laughed at me.
"We are going to have to make an official party before you leave," she said before putting the cookies into the oven. That night I spent most of my time packing up everything I would need. Surprisingly I managed to fit everything into two backpacks. I was happy and sad. We didn't leave yet but it was getting closer with every minute.

The next morning I found Sara in the library probably trying to find a way to get rid of her powers.
"I thought about it," I said stepping into the little domain of Nate. "I would love to stay," I said.
"Awesome," she said in a tone that told me she was in the zone and that she is not coming out anytime soon. I went out and put my two backpacks into one of the empty rooms. After that, I searched for someone to keep me company.
"I am company," Silly said when I started my search.
"Yes, but you literally live in me. It's not the same" I answered right before literally bumping into Zari. "Hey Zari," I said after both of us regained our balance. "You wanna hang to a little?" I asked. She seemed like someone I could get along with on occasion when she didn't act like a diva.
"Sure why not" she answered and we went to the galley together. I made some food for myself and sat down. She didn't eat just sat down.
"I saw the video of you and the dragon. Was it real?" I asked. It sounded a little rude but it was two years ago. Photoshop was very real.
"Yes, It was real," she said.
"How did you meet a dragon? I mean Sylesia says they all died" I asked the next question.
"I found it's egg in my house and well soon it hatched."
"Wouldn't be the first time a human found a survivor dragon" Sylesia reacted in my head. I was a little surprised and asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked back loudly.
"What do you mean?" Zari asked which made me realize that she doesn't hear Silly. That gave me an idea.
"Sylesia said that your case wouldn't be the first time a human found a survivor dragon" I explained why I asked what I asked. "What do you say we go to someplace where Silly can come out and then you can hear what she has to say too.
"Okay," Zari said.

We went to a forest nearby while I told a really confused Zari that I nicknamed Sylesia Silly during one of our conversations and that it doesn't necessarily mean that she is silly. We decided to stay inside the forest as it was better for hiding a dragon. I felt Sylesia leaving my body and soon I also saw it as she was standing next to me. I petted her head and realized that I love this setup more than when she is inside me. I looked at Zari just to laugh loudly at her gimped up face. I didn't want to be rude but she was funny as she looked confused at me and Silly.
"It is a pleasure to meet you," Silly said bowing her head a little. Zari did the same still unable to say a word. I couldn't help but laugh again. Z looked at me annoyed at that.
"I'm sorry for not being used to talking dragons," she said. I tried to stop but couldn't for another minute. By than Silly looked at me concerned and Zari still annoyed. When I finally caught my breath I spoke up.
"Sylesia, Zari" I introduced Zari, "Zari, Sylesia" I finished by introducing the dragon. "So Silly, what did you mean it wouldn't be the first time?" I asked going back to our earlier topic.
"Well, thousands of years ago I was alone. I fled when humans came to destroy our society and I ended up on an island called Rainbow-bridge." I shifted a little in my place as she said that name. She looked at me but continued the story. "I was wandering in the forest for weeks. I was mostly hungry and alone not to mention that a dragon fledgling is with their parents until they reach the age of three. I was only five months old so you can imagine my confusion and fear. One night than I found a little house. I went inside to hide from the rain and that's when I met Alisha. She wasn't like any other human probably because she wasn't one. She was a Changer able to shapeshift into any animal she wanted to. She took me in and thought me everything I know about human life." She finished the story and let us process it. I felt every step of the way as I saw her memories about the events. We took five minutes and stayed silent. Zari seemed a little shaken by everything she just heard. I could understand it. She grew up in a perfect family and thanks to the Legends was never pursued for who she was.

I let Zari take the time she needed before asking
"Wanna go for a ride?" I asked.
"Should I return to you?" Silly asked telepathically. I shook my head showing that I want her to be on her own.
"Is it safe?" Zari asked looking at the dragon.
"She will be careful" I promised and Silly nodded confirming what I just said.
"Okay, then why not" Z answered. Silly stood up and explained how we can climb on her using her leg. I climbed first so I could help Zari up after. Silly was as gentle as she could be during her take-off. It felt good, though different than when I was the one actually flying. It lacked something but certainly felt good. To go even further it felt better in a way. It was good in a different way. We were high above the trees when we started to glide. We weren't going lower as Silly used slight wingbeats to keep us in the same height. The air crushed against my skin even at the slow speed we went on. The rush of adrenalin coming with it woke me up completely and I felt a warmth going through my cells as we flew across the empty sky. There were some clouds of course but they were far away from us. The sun was setting on our left and as I looked at it I got surprised that I could look right into it. Silly already told me that dragons could look at the Sun but she also said that I will only be able to do it when she is inside me. I felt Silly's joy as she flew towards the city. I could tell she wanted to bring us back to the Waverider. I closed my eyes and let the wind wash away any thoughts from my mind. Soon I felt that we were gliding so I opened my eyes. It was already dark and we soon landed beside the Waverider. The heat faded and I started to feel exhausted so after Silly returned to my body I went to my room and fell asleep the moment I touched the bed.