19: Fate and destiny: dragons

Lilly's PoV.:

The team who was to go talk to the dragon queen left the bridge. We reached the door when we saw Mick with us.
"Didn't I say that you stay?" Sara asked him.
"you did" mick answered. "Fire breathing dragons, I'm coming" Sara rolled her eyes. She was upset all morning. I could see it on her and also feel it on her scent.
"Fine," she said. "Hope you know your weight cause we will need scales," she said probably trying to make up a good send-off line as she usually does. We went out into the forest. It felt oddly familiar, as Sylesia was born here, yet so unknown. It was a strange sensation though not as strange as feeling Silly's nervousness inside me. We walked five hundred meters without trouble. After that, I felt a strange smell. It was smoky in a way but it felt like some kind of iron. It was a dragon's scent. A fire dragon's to be specific. I knew it from Silly. A huge red blur stopped us in our tracks. It disappeared and after a few seconds, I found myself under the nose of a huge male dragon. He was sniffing me and growling.
"You may not pass," he said in English. It surprised me a little but then again there were so many things we didn't know about dragons. "You" he looked at me. "Who are you?" he asked.
"My name is Lillian Waters" I answered politely. It was in my blood and the strange thing was that it didn't come from Sylesia even though it was a dragon thing that dragons were polite and honest with every other dragon. "I am a host of a dragon called Sylesia." I could tell that everyone was staring at me even though I was facing away from them.
"What are you originally?" the fire dragon went on questioning.
"I was born to a human father and a mother with the power to avoid death unless you find her weakness" I answered once again telling the truth. He didn't want to harm us he just though that we want to harm them.
"I see. What business do you have here?" he asked.
"We would like to talk to the queen if it is possible," I said hoping that he says yes.
"Watra* Arlísen" he yelled into the forest and soon we heard wings flapping. Surprisingly I understood it.

We waited for a half-hour when a grey shadow flew over us soon landing beside the red dragon. They talked about something that we didn't hear. After a brief chat, they both turned to us.
"I apologize for my behavior earlier but you have to understand that our kind is threatened and our society is closed" The fire dragon spoke. "My name is Erathnet and this is Zorrenorth," he said pointing at the grey female dragon beside him. "The queen is awaiting. We will take you to her" They lowered their heads for us to climb on their backs. I and Sylesia together decided that I can fly good enough to go like that so I stepped back and let the form of her take over. Soon the three of us took off and we headed deeper into the forest. At the feet of a mountain, there was a clearing and we started to glide towards it. We landed beside a pond at the feet of the mountain. A big dragon came out of a cave near the pond. It was definitely a female and her scales were the same exact color Sylesia's were. She had two white horns on her head and a line of spikes in the same color along her spine. Her eyes were ice-blue yet somehow they felt warm. By the time she came out, I already turned back to human form.
"Welcome," she said bowing her head towards us. I felt the urge to do the same so I did. "Erathnet, Zorrenorth thank you for your services. Please report back to your stations." The two dragons bowed and left. "Now," she looked at us. "My name is Arlísen. It is nice to make your acquaintance" she said. This time I didn't feel the urge to answer instantly as the captain should be the one to introduce us but I did feel Silly become more and more nervous.
"My name is Sara Lance," Sara said. "This is Charlie, and that is Nathaniel Haywood. That is Mick Rory and that is Lillian Waters" she introduced all of us. "We came here seeking answers" she continued.
"You have great power" Arlísen looked at Sara. "The Loom of Fate if I'm not mistaken," she said. "Clotho" she looked at Charlie. "You're the Loombreaker" Charlie slightly nodded. She seemed to know everything. Sylesia became more and more nervous inside me. I couldn't put my finger on it but pushing down her feelings was already hard work so I decided not to look for the answer. Arlísen was looking at everyone before she rested her gaze on me. She looked into my eyes and I could feel a connection to her. In both the sense that I had a dragon inside me and something stronger too. As if she was family.
"Can you separate for the time being?" Arlísen asked. I nodded and felt Sylesia leaving my body.
"Thank god I love this set up more," I thought to myself when Silly was already on her own.
"Why?" Sylesia asked. "I still hear your thoughts," she said when I looked at her. After that I felt the teams eyes on my back and heard Mick say:
"Keep your thoughts to yourself" I looked at him surprised.
"We only heard half of the conversation" Sara explained. Sylesia looked down still nervous.
"What's gotten into you?" I asked her telepathically. "You've been acting like this since Nate mentioned the name of the dragon" She really made me curious.
"It's just that I haven't seen her in thousands of years," she said. I was confused but she must have felt it as she explained instantly. "I might have left out a tiny detail when I told you about myself. I'm the princess" This sentence shocked me. I knew everything about Silly and yet I somehow failed to see this.

Arlísen was talking I could hear that but I didn't understand what she said. I had to process the fact that the dragon we depend on to give us answers was the mother of my other half. She was talking with Sylesia but I still didn't hear her words.
"Lilly!" Sara put her hand on my shoulder when I finally heard what she was saying. "We go inside the cave for the night come on," she said I followed her into the cave in the mountain. We sat down beside a fire that was obviously made by a dragon.
"Nice of you to join us, Lillian," Arlísen said.
"Sorry I just had a shocking conversation," I said.
"Sara," Arlísen looked at her after nodding at me. "You say you seek a way to get rid of the powers. Unfortunately, I can't grant you the knowledge of how to do that. Well not here anyways, but I was tasked with helping those with these kinds of powers." All of us looked at her confused. "At the dawn of time, from the big bang, some very powerful objects were formed. They have incredible power and they can not be destroyed. I was given the task of finding these objects and giving them to people who would use it for good or find the people who already have them and guide them with it. I can help you get somewhere you would find answers but it might take longer than you think it will. Your power is not evil but like everything it can be used for bad things as well as good. Do you really wish to find the answers?" She explained than asked Sara. Sara nodded. Arlísen took her away further in the cave but not too far. after that she pushed her wing against Sara's arm which resulted in Sara falling asleep. Arlísen laid her on the floor and made a wall of fire around her.
"Until she sleeps the fire is going to stay there. I suggest you all getting some sleep too," she said then left the cave.

*Watra=notify