Chapter 7: The glowing forest

"Y/N. Wake up."

I felt hands shaking my body, I shrugged them off, clumsily.

"Five more minutes." I mumbled.

"Y/N, I've got something really spectacular to show you." Cree whispered, shaking me more violently.

I sat up and looked at my friend, slightly annoyed. "Are you gonna point at your face?" I joked, sarcastically.

"Haha, very funny." Cree stood up straight and waited by the dorm door. "Come on, put your boots on."

"Ugh, fine." I slid my boots on and walked towards Cree. "Whatever your gonna show me better be good, because if it's not I'm going to beat your ass for getting me up at this time." I put my hands on my hips, looking at Cree expectantly.

"Trust me, what your about to see will be worth being tired tomorrow." Cree opened the door quietly and slipped through.

I sighed, "if you say so." I followed Cree out the door and closed it quietly, so the others wouldn't wake up.

We jogged down the hall towards the stairs that would take us to the bottom of the tower. We had to be quiet as to not get caught by any guards and we didn't need to be in trouble again.

"The lift won't be manned at this time, so we are gonna have to take the stairs," Cree opened the door to the stair case and started to descend.

"Yeah, no shit." I replied, following him.

"Hey, drop the attitude! What your gonna see will be worth it!" Cree chuckled.

"Better be. Anyway let's be quiet, we don't want to get caught being out at night." I looked behind me to make sure we weren't being followed.

"Roger that." Cree replied.

After an agonisingly long descent down the stairs, we finally managed to get to the bottom floor. We had to climb out of a window instead of going out the front door, as they were being guarded. My feet landed on the ground softly and the cool night air hit my face. I looked to the sky and was met with thousands of stars and the Milky Way stretched across the sky in a beautiful glow.

"Wow, sure is a clear night," I whispered.

Cree looked up at the sky, "yeah, but that is not what I dragged you out here for. It's something better." Cree took my hand and led me down the now deserted streets of Polis. It was weird seeing no one out, especially because I was so used to seeing them full of people. I noticed that we were getting near the forest, and I was kinda curious on where Cree was taking me. Plus it was really dark and the forest is not safe at night. Animals, mountain men, hostile grounders, you name it.

"Err Cree, where the hell are you taking me? The forest is the number one place not to go when it's night." I whispered to the boy in front of me.

He laughed, "it's a surprise, Y/N. And relax, the moon will give us enough light for us to see, and it's not that far." Cree reassured me.

"Well if we die, it's your fault." I unsheathed my sword, so I was ready for anything that might attack us.

"We won't. Come on, we have to drift off the road for a few minutes." Cree walked off the road and gestured for me to follow.

I sighed and followed, this was a dumb idea.

Me and Cree walked through the forest, quietly. The moonlight did give us just enough light for us to see our way, but it way still creepy.

After about fifteen minutes of walking, I was starting to get board and wished that I was still in my warm, cozy bed.

"Cree, I'm so tired. Are we nearly there?" I asked, yawning.