Epilogue

"What do we have first thing?" I asked Cree as I tried to tame my hair into braids.

"Um, I think we have study in the library," Cree answered my question while he was shoving his boots on his feet.

I gave an exasperated sigh, "urgh, not again! I'm fed up of reading the same paragraphs all the time!"

Cree jumped up to his feet, "cheer up, Y/N! You can take out your frustration in training later, just not on me."

I gave a sarcastic smile, "I'll look forward to it."

Cree grabbed my hand, "come on, let's get some breakfast before we start our very fun day!"

I grunted as I was pulled out of our dorm.

***

"Two hours of study today, start now and I trust you will behave! I have matters to attend to in the council," Titus instructed us in a slightly warning tone, then he walked out of the library doors.

Us Nightbloods spread out among the many bookcases to different tables and dumped our study books hard onto the table and then we started to study. Five minutes in and I was already bored out of my mind.

I finished writing my sentence about leadership and then I dropped my fountain pen back into the ink pot. I sat back in my chair and then an idea came to me. "Cree," I whispered to the boy sitting opposite me.

He looked up from his study books, "what?"

I gave a mischievous grin, "wanna sneak out? We haven't done it for a while, plus I think I might die of boredom," I whispered across to him.

Cree contemplated for a few seconds, but then he returned the smirk, "sounds good, but someone needs to cover for us while were gone."

As soon as he said this, both our gazes slowly fell onto Atlas, sitting on the table next to us. We both smiled at each other as our plan was coming together. We quietly rose from our chairs then walked over to Atlas and we both appeared either side of the raven haired boy.

Atlas looked to both of us, his gaze unsure, "what do you guys want?"

"A favour," Cree replied.

"Cover for us?" I asked Atlas, giving a begging smile.

Atlas shook his head, "not again, it's a lot of pressure lying to Titus."

I nudged the boy, "come on." Then I picked out a jam tart from my pocket that I had stolen from the kitchens earlier. "There's a jam tart for it!"

Atlas's bright eyes fell on the tart and he licked his lips, "fine!"

"Thank you, Atlas," I gave him the tart. "We won't be long, if Titus asks where we are, just say last nights steak and kidney pie didn't go down too well."

Atlas nodded, "okay, but don't be too long."

"We won't," Cree said.

"Come on," I started to make my way to the exit of the library.

As we passed Astrid and Seven they gave us dirty looks, but I knew they wouldn't tell as that was against ours rules, snitches get stitches. I slowly opened the door and peaked either side of the hallway to see all was clear. I gestured Cree to follow me and we quietly jogged down the hallway taking care to avoid any guards. Once we found a corner to hide in we stopped to gain our breath.

"So what do you want to do?" Cree asked once he recovered.

I smiled, "why don't we go to the roof, sound good?"