Chapter 9: Trouble part 2

"Good, now that you are both awake, let's talk," the queen smirked.

I glanced over a Cree, he was just staring into the corner, not making eye contact with anyone.

The queen unsheathed a dagger and played with it in her hands. To say that I wasn't a little concerned about the sharp object would be an understatement.

She stared me in the eyes and smiled, "now, your probably wondering why you are here? What do we want with you?" The woman paced up and down the small room. "Well, you're here because you are natblidas, and your a great bargaining chip for a war, as your so important,"

I looked to the queen in front of me, confused as to why she wanted a war. I finally mustered up the courage to speak, "why do you want a war?" I asked.

She scoffed, "because Trikru and other clans have had it easy. While Ice nation have spent years suffering and struggling to survive. That's why I killed the weak leader of this clan and took over!" She spat angrily.

I took in the words that she spoke and gave a small smirk, "the reason Azgeda has had it hard is because you refuse to follow the commanders laws. You have made it worse for your clan by taking us." I shook my head.

The queen's smirk faded into a frown, "watch it, girl, do not make me angry!" She growled.

I shrugged my shoulders, "just saying."

"Well, that is why we want a war, to make things fair again." Her eyes were practically burning through mine.

"While your at it, are you gonna end the time of the commander's and rule Polis?" I questioned, sarcastically.

Nia sheathed her dagger, "no, that is blasphemy, it just depends whether the current commander dies at the hands of this war. And I hope she does, because if either one of you become commander, you can help things be fair again," she smirked menacingly.

"I plan to, anyway," I glared daggers into the pale eyes of the queen.

She gave a smug look, "I'll see you two tomorrow, for our little meeting with the commander at the boarder," she, and her guards disappeared behind the door.

Once the sound of footsteps disappeared, I sighed, "well, that was a fun conversation."

Cree, who hadn't spoke for the whole ordeal finally spoke, "she doesn't know what she is getting herself into. If Azgeda just followed the laws, their lives would be a lot easier. Minus the fighting, so many clans are at each other's throats these days." He sighed.

"Tell me about it." I laughed, "it's weird to think that we would be training like normal now. Instead, we are in a room tied to a chair in Azgeda. Who would have thought?"

"Yeah, today has been eventful, let's just hope we get out of here alive," Cree looked down to his feet.

I looked around to see if we could escape, but it wouldn't be wise to try again today as there would be double the guards. My thoughts then returned to the meeting tomorrow.

"Hey, what do you think will happen at the meeting?" I asked the boy next to me.

He pondered a little before speaking, "probably use us as a bargaining chip. Tell heda that, in order for us to leave safely, there will have to be a war." He guessed.

I shook my head, "I know she is lying, she wants to rule Polis and all the other clans."

Cree furrowed his eyebrows, "the clans would never follow a red-blooded commander."

"This is Azgeda, they will make them," I said solemnly. "Tomorrow will be a long ass day." I sighed.

***