Chapter 8: Trouble part 1

All of us novitiates were stuck inside our dorm. We were not aloud to leave, guards were posted outside to protect us. The commander and the ambassadors were in the throne room having a meeting with this queen Nia of Azgeda. It was worrying, people had died, it was an act of war. And war was the last thing we needed.

I sighed, "it's been hours! What the hell are they doing?" I paced up and down the room.

Cree crossed his arms, "I don't know, but I don't like it. It's been too long."

Eden gave a small laugh, "relax guys, it's probably nothing."

I looked to the girl a little confused, "Eden, did you see what Azgeda did to the guard. It wasn't peaceful, it was an act of war! That's what Azgeda wants, they want a war." I lectured the girl in front of me.

My words seemed to have worked because Eden's expression faded into a concerned one. I looked around the room, everyone was just sitting on their beds talking to each other. I walked over to Cree.

"This feels wrong, I don't like it," I whispered to Cree.

"Yeah, it's-," Cree was interrupted by a commotion outside our dorm.

Everyone in the room turned their attention to the door. The sound of screams and metal slicing flesh filled our ears. I looked at Cree, alarmed. We both grabbed our swords, and waited for the door to open. But no one came in. It all went silent.

"What the hell was that?" Wren whispered.

"I don't know," I replied.

Slowly, I tiptoed towards the door, sword in hand.

"Y/N, what the hell are you doing!?" Cree whisper-shouted.

"I have to see what happened. Polis could be in danger," I opened the door slowly and my gaze was met with two dead guards. Their throats were slit and their red blood stained the floor.

"They're dead," I finally spoke.

I heard Cree walk up behind me, "oh god," he gasped.

"Come on, we have to warn heda!" I stepped over the dead guards and Cree followed.

"Hey, what are you two doing? Protocol is to stay here until we are allowed out!" Atlas scolded us.

"Screw protocol! Come on Cree," I jogged down the hall, ignoring the shouts of defiance from Atlas.

As we made our way down the hallways, our eyes were met with more dead guards. We headed up the stairs to the next floor where the throne room was located. The sound of screams echoed through the tower. This was bad.

We stepped over more bodies as we made our way down the corridor to the throne room. We rounded a corner but before we could enter the room, I felt hands pull me into a small storage room.

I started to struggle trying to get out of the strong grip. I saw Cree follow me in, only to be grabbed as well. They were Azgeda warriors, I could tell by the scars on their faces. Anger and frustration took over my body, I bit into the woman's hand that was covering my face. The red liquid oozed into my mouth, causing a metallic taste.

She grunted in pain, "little bitch!" She growled.

"Let go of me you chicken shit!" I spoke angrily, struggling against the woman's strength.

She let go of me, but before I could do anything else, she hit me in the head with the hilt of her sword, causing me to fall onto the ground. My vision became blurry and the world started to spin.

"Y/N!" I heard Cree's voice echo through my ears.

I tried to regain my consciousness, but my vision faded into blackness.