ch.9

This is before Keefe collapsed

I got my imparter and called Marella. I didn't want to call Marella. But Sophie insisted that I call her. 'Then call her yourself!' I thought to myself. But I called her anyway........*sigh*

Marella's fce popped up on my screen. Her face was the same. Same ice blue eyes and blond hair with little braids woven through her hair. But something was different about her. She looked like she was crying and she had dark circles underneath her eyes. "Hi Dex. Why did you call me?" The pixie like girl asked. I could tell from her scrunched up face she was annoyed.

I glared at her. "I called you because Sophie insisted."

Marella snorted. "Are you like.....Sophie's personal servant?"

"No." I said.Marella was just.......so annoying. But as I thought about it Sophie did ask a lot of things. 'Dex! Stop focusing on other things!' I mentally scolded myself.

"So.......are you having nightmares?"

Marella looked at me like I was out of my mind. "No. And did you call me to ask this?"

"As a matter of fact, yes." I coldly said. But it didn't sound cold. It was hard to admit that I missed Marella. Our relationship, our friendship and everything. But of course I didn't say that to Marella.

She bit her lip. "Dex......." her voice was sweet. Like a gentle spring breeze going through a harsh and cold winter.

"I'm sorry." I said. And Marella said, "I've been having nightmares too." at the same time. Awkward.

I blushed. "Oh. What kind of nightmares?"

"Uh....I've been having them for a little while."

"Tell me you're dream."

Marella pursed her lip. "I can't tell you that. It brings up bad memories."

"Please. Me, Sophie and Keefe are having nightmares too. It might help if you tell me."

She let out a breath. "Okay. It was dark. Midnight in my dream. You were there too." She blushed faintly at that. "Ummm....... and we were running from someone. The person caught up with you. I turned around and used my powers but they wouldn't work. The person blasted you with a melder. You were dead in my dream." Her voice quivered. "I couldn't save you. And that......that made me so guilty."

I scratched the back of my neck. "Um.....why don't you come over to Shores of solace? We-" I was interrupted by a scream. Sophie's scream. I ran to the other room. And Keefe was passed out. His face was deathly pale and foams started coming out of his mouth.

"Call Elwin!" Sophie shouted.

I called Elwin and we light leaped to the healing center. When we got there, Elwin put Keefe in a cot and started treating him. Thankfully, Bullhorn paid no attention to Keefe.

Sophie was crying hard by the moment. Marella came over too.

"Hi Sophie and Dex." She said.

Sophie blew her nose on a handkerchief. "H-hey Marella."

Marella made her way over to me. "How are you doing?"

I shrugged. "I just wish Keefe is okay."

"Yeah."

Elwin came out of the cot. "Good news! Keefe is awake and all in good health." He assured us. "The bad news is-"

"Bad news?" Sophie asked.

Elwin frowned. "Unfortunately, yes. Keefe dosen't remember a thing."

Sophie rushed over to Keefe. "Hey Keefe. It's me. You know me right?"

Keefe looked confused. "Who are you?"

Hahaha Keefe has no memory now! (Evil laugh)
Thanks for reading my story!