ch.20

"I think we're safe." Tam panted as he tossed his silver tipped bangs.

I felt like a dozens of butterflies were released in my stomach as he did that. Stupid me. Don't fall for him. I told myself over and over but one time after another, my feelings for Tam got stronger every minute. Did he like Glimmer? Does he like me? Why does Tam look so– I stopped myself at the point. I needed to focus on the mission. This was not the time to act like Sophie.

"Yeah," Linh said, glancing at me for staring at Tam and she smiled mischievously to herself. "I think we should stop and take a moment to rest."

"Agreed." I said. I didn't realize that my legs were hurting and shaky until I sat down on the cold, damp floor.

Tam grunted as he sat down next to me. "Stupid Glimmer."

Linh glanced at the two of us. "I should go and check if the other Neverseen members are following us."

"No, I should go." Tam stood up from his spot.

Linh shook her head. "It's fine." She muttered something to herself that I couldn't really hear. Linh disappeared as she took a turn in the hallway.

Tam's eyes were lingering at the spot where Linh left.

I cleared my throat. "So...."

"We're in the middle of nowhere and we're captured by a elf who we once called a friend." Tam mumbled.

"Hey," I grabbed his hands. He flinced at the touch but I didn't mind. "It's gonna be okay. We're gonna get out of here."

"I hope so," he sighed.

"I know we're gonna get out of here."

"How do you know that?"

I shrugged. "Gut feeling."

"I've been a jerk and didn't believe you when you said your memories were gone. I'm so sorry, Bi." He said.

"It's fine. I wouldn't have believed you if you told me your memories were gone." I laughed quietly.

Tam smiled. "Well I hope that doesn't happen," his smile faded when he looked at me. "Biana, your hair...."

I frowned. "My hair?"

"It's turning gray," he said before adding,"fast."

"Oh right–I forgot about that."

"What should we do?"

"How would I know?" I snapped at Tam and realized what I'd just done. I covered my mouth with my hands. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you."

"It's fine," he paused for a second. "Sophie's hair was gray when she turned into Kritanta, right?"

I didn't like where this was going, but I nodded. "Yeah."

"I think I'll stop here."

"Thanks," I sighed and rested my head on the wall. "I didn't like where this was going."

"Well, I can promise you one thing. I'm not going to let you turn into a angst teen who turned out bad." Tam said as he turned his face toward her, as his silvery blue eyes bored into hers.

I giggled. "You think Sophie is angst teen who turned out bad?" I asked. "She just needs to get a person who can point her in the right direction."

Tam raised his eyebrows. "Keefe?"

"I didn't say it was Keefe."

"Well, hearing you speak, I think you meant Keefe."

"You totally ship Sokeefe."

"I do not!"

I pursed my lip to contain my laughter before coming out of my lips. "If you say so."

Tam chuckled then his face turned serious. "I didn't know Glimmer would betray us, just like that."

I shrugged. "She could have succeeded if she was good at acting." A/N ikr??

"She could have," he started. "But, it was a good thing that she was bad at acting."

I bit my lip. "Tam, did you like–"

As I started to speak, Linh came running down the halls, her shoes clippity–clapping across the floor. "Hey guys!" She panted. "The other are here."

"The others?" Tam asked, standing up. "Do you mean–"

"Yeah," Linh said. "Keefe, Marella, Dex and Ro are here."

I had a hard time writing this chapter and it's not as good as I would have liked :(
And tysm for 1k readsss!!!! Ayayyayayaya whoo!!❤