Ch.29

"Fitz!" Sophie smiled at me. I was happy to see her--and the others. But my eyes focused on something else. The Neverseen members were all tied up and gagged.

"So . . . what happened here?"

"Oh them?" Keefe smirked. "We totally kicked their asses."

Marella gave me a slap on my back. "Welcome back, Fitzroy,"

Linh smiled. "We thought you were dead! We're so glad you're back."

"We missed you, Wonderboy," Dex grinned.

Biana hugged me tightly as she whispered, "I thought you were gone." I hugged her back reassured her that I was fine, and I was. Well, physically. I was still shook that everyone thought I was dead for some reason and that I was gone for months. Maybe years.

"Anyway, give us our memories back," Marella said. "What was your plan anyway?"

She ungagged one of the Neverseen members, forcing them to talk.

Gethen sighed. Or maybe it was a growl.

The member gave up quite easly when Linh and Marella threatened him with their abilites. "A legend says that when you wash people's memories 100 times, they all restart their memories like when humans were first made. We wanted to rule the world."

Dex frowned. "That's all?"

"It was the 99th time your memories got washed," he continued. "We could've ruled the w-"

"Okay, that's enough." Keefe inturrupted. "Now tell us how we get our memories back."

"There's a room called the 'memory vault'-"

Tam snorted. "Real creative,"

"It's on the 4th floor. You can find your memories there."

Dex gagged the member back up. "Let's go get our memories back, shall we?"

* * * * * * * * * *

"I guess this is the door?" Biana squinted as she examined it, brushing her fingers across it.

Linh craned her head. "I think we came across this door before,"

The door seemed like it was old by the looks of it. Black with fancy drawings. Something that would last in your head for a looooong time. But the weirdest thing was the whsipers. People's voices dancing around my head. Some screaming, some crying, some laughing.

"Hey, Fitzy," Keefe waved a hand over my eyes. "You okay?"

"I...don't know. I keep hearing these whispers."

"It's nothing personal," Linh said. "We all hear it."

"So this is the door?" Biana asked.

Tam shrugged. "I guess we'll have to find out."

"Everyone, step back, please." Keefe said as he threw himself on the door. It didn't budge. His face got redder by the moment.

Dex rolled his eyes. "The door is unlocked, stupid." he turned the handle and pushed the door open.

"This is what I get by throwing myself on a door. Seriously." Keefe huffed.

Dex went in first, then Biana, then Marella, then Keefe, then Sophie and then me and Tam and Linh.

The room was big. Very big with thousands of shelves all lined up endlessly. Small clouds floated above the shelves, trapped in a bubble-like ball.

Sophie tried to touch it, but Dex grabbed her arm before she touched it. "We don't know what they are. Let's keep our hands to ourselves."

I stepped closer to the balls and ignored Dex's dirty look. "Chill. I'm just gonna look at it."

"So these are memories, right?" said Marella.

Tam nodded. "How do we get them back?"

"We need to find our memories first," Biana added. "But how in the world are we supposed to find our memories in this enormous room?"

Sophie shrugged. "Uhm, just pick whatever your guts tell you? I don't know,"

Since no one knew what to do, we all agreed to try Sophie's method. The strongest I felt a connection to was way in the back. We all split up to find our memories. Mine was at the bottom of a shelve, so I bent down to grab it. Short clips of my memories flashed in the cloud. "HEY, HOW DO WE GET OUR MEMORIES BACK?" I shouted.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Biana replied. Her voice was far away, echoing in the room.

"UH...I ACCEDENTLY POKED MINE--WOAH." Keefe said.

"WHY DID YOU POKE IT?" Tam shouted. "AND WHAT'S WITH THE "WOAH"?"

"I...I GOT MY MEMORIES BACK,"

I raised my eyebrows. "YOU POKED IT AND YOU GOT YOUR MEMORIES BACK?"

"SO WE NEED TO...POKE IT," Sophie asked, a hint of confusion mixed in her voice.

I let out a breath before poking it. If I really got my memories back....taking a leap of faith, I did what Keefe did.

I poked it.

Memories flooded back in my head like a wave crashing through a strom, swarming in my head. Bad ones, happy ones, everything. I assumed everyone did it, because I heard a lot of gasps and woahs.

Biana sighed in relief. "Now, let's get out of this place."

Biana's pov

I stood at the sea shore, thinking of the things that happened to me. I remember when Tam was mad at me. It felt like it's been ages since.

I heard someone coming from behind and I spun around to make sure it wasn't the Neverseen. It was Tam.

The sun was setting, coloring the blue skys into red, orange and yellow. "So, what brings you here?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Just enjoying the peace and quiet. What brings you here?"

"Same as you,"

We sat down on the grass, our hands touching barely. "I'm glad this all ended. I'm glad we got our memories back." I said quietly.

"Me too. I wanted to say something."

"What is it?"

"I miss when we were in a relationship. Kinda." Tam blushed. The same color of the sky.

I laughed. "Remember when we went to Disney land?"

Tam chuckled. "I do. Dex was so excited. I clearly remember Keefe owes me five bucks."

"And I remember you screamed on the-"

"We don't talk about that," he said jokingly. His smile seemed brighter than the moon that was slowly revealing itself. "Keefe screamed louder."

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes. "You were screaming louder. I didn't know Linh could ride rollarcoasters that well."

"Everyone has a secret,"

I turned to face him. "Speaking of secrets, something you wanna tell me?"

Tam sighed. "You know me so well."

"Spill it."

"Better if I show you,"

And I'm pretty sure I heard someone squealing behind us as we got closer. The last light of the sun blinked out of sight just as the last thought of worries escaped my mind.

Like ewwwwww this fanfic is disgusting (what my sisters say. Btw, if you're reading this, I'm gonna rant about The Maze Runner all day in our room and annoy you guys to death)

anyway, thank you so much for who are reading this rotten story, I don't know why you read it, actually. Even though my writing was really, really horrible and had a lot of mistakes, I really appreciated that you all voted and commented. This was supposed to be a Tiana story, but it got out of hand and turned into just a KotLC story lol.

There's 5 other KotLC stories I'm working on (4 are not published yet), and I promise you those are gonna be better than this one XD

Thank you all so much ily all!!!