ch.24

"I see you're awake now." A familiar voice echoed in my head.

My head was blaring with a painful headache. "Where am I?"

"Somewhere where nobody can find you," Sophie said. "that means your stupid friends."

"Am I in the Neverseen's secret lair?" I guessed. I looked around the room. The room was black with lots of cob webs. But then, my eyes focused on something Sophie was holding. A dagger. I gulped. She wasn't going to torture me, right?

She caught me staring at the dagger. Her small hand was clasped around the dagger, holding it firmly. "Don't worry, I won't interrogate you," she assured. She spun the dagger in her hands like a pencil. "At least, not right now."

"You're insane." I spat out.

"Oh no, I'm completely fine. You're the one that's gonna go insane." Sophie's voice was a little slur.

"Never."

Sophie sighed and went over to a wooden table that was covered in dust. She took a glance at me and then grabbed something off the table. A potion.

I squinted at the bottle that she was holding. "What is that?"

"A memory potion."

"Wait–are you going to erase my memories?" I asked struggling against the bonds Sophie tied. "Again?"

"We can rule the world when we drug everyone," Sophie said nonchalantly. She poured the potion with a blue liquid. "This is the 99th time I have we have taken away your memories," she came dangerously close to me. "When we reach the 100th, we will rule the world and everyone else in it."

I turned my head as she tried to pour the potion in my mouth. "This isn't you."

"How do you know? You've never met me. You're just a pathetic broken boy who lost his memory. No one loves you, Sencen. You're a disgrace to your family." Sophie said.

Her words stuck to my head like needles, making my head hurt. Every insult he had heard over the ears kept ringing in his head like echoes.

A disgrace.

Broken.

Helpless.

Useless.

His mind swarmed with darkness but then he heard Sophie's voice. The real Sophie's voice.

I'll never hate you, Keefe.

The darkness began to clear out as her voice became clearer by the moment. He saw her smiling face. The golden highlights in her soft brown eyes made him smile. He remembered every detail, every moment of his life. His memories came back.

Yayy!!! First of all, thank you for 1.97k reads!! I could not get any happier! I know this chapter was short and simple, but Keefe got his memories back!!! It's time for a celebration! Whoop whoop XD
Anyway, thanks for reading!