Prequel- Kate's POV- The Wedding Day

If you had told me five years ago that the person I would be walking down the aisle to meet would be Victoria Lace, also known as my high school enemy, would I have believed you? Absolutely not, but crazier things had happened. I felt overwhelmed with happiness to be marrying the girl that I loved, not only because well, I was marrying Victoria, but because we had overcome the obstacles that we had been faced with- including a trouble making sister and father who hadn't really been the most accepting at first. However, he came around eventually. 

I looked at myself in the mirror on the way out of Victoria's home, and my lips lifted at the corners as I caught sight of my reflection. I looked different but beautiful, too, I could admit that. I was wearing a white dress, with long laced sleeves, a bodice with lace flowers, and an elegantly flowing skirt. 

My own father turned to me and smiled, with an expression of pride across his features. 

"Dad, are you crying?" I asked him. 

"No. It's just dust. Hay fever," he countered. 

I gave a shrug. 

"I'm so proud of you, Kate," he told me. 

"For being a lesbian?" I asked him, then. 

He chuckled, though, so mission accomplished. 

"For being yourself. That's the most important thing you can be in this life," he told me. 

I supposed he was right. Why spend a life time hiding your true colours from the world when you should be free to love whoever you wanted to? 

"Thank you, dad. I love you," I told him. 

He smiled, a small shine to his eyes remained. My father was never usually all that emotional, but I think we all had reason to be today. 

This was it. This was the future. I was going to get married to Victoria, who was so much more than just my fiancee. She was a best friend, a partner, one of the most inspirational and courageous people I had ever met- but maybe I'm rambling a little, here. 

"Don't let me fall over," I whispered to him as we came to the doors of Victoria's beach home- the place we had decided to get married at. 

"Not a chance," he stated in return. 

"Kate!" a voice exclaimed then, before we could make our way towards the aisle. 

I turned to see who was calling my name, and saw Margo rushing towards me. She was wearing a navy dress, as were the rest of the bridesmaids, and it suited her well, of course. The dark dye was fading from her hair, and it was becoming a chocolate colour, but I believed that she was too preoccupied with her current relationship with Fox to be all-too concerned by that. 

"Something blue," she said then, and presented me with a bracelet with a blue charm on it. 

Okay, now I felt my eyes welling up. Margo was a great friend. 

"Thank you, Margo," I told her with a grin. 

"Of course. Now, let's get this show on the road!" she said, and clapped with excitement before rushing back to her seat. 

My father turned to me and looked tempted to chuckle again, but he held back as he led me towards the aisle. 

Admittedly, I was a little nervous, but I knew that once I saw her, nothing else would matter. 

I was correct, of course, because once we got to the aisle of flower petals, and my father walked me down it, the faces in our audience seemed to fog away as my attention was solely drawn to Victoria.