Chapter Thirty-Two- Graduation

Graduation day came around far, far quicker than I had ever expected it to. My teachers had been right, of course, school really did fly by. 

The year, however, had ended up being amazing. 

Not only did I feel that I had excelled academically, I had made some incredible friendships this year, and I never wanted to let those people go. 

I was going to miss my school, but it was also a relief to have finished, now, and to be receiving my report card soon. 

I checked my emails, and surely enough there it was. 

I looked to read my grades, and the anxiety I had soon disappeared as my eyes glanced over the letters in front of me. A few As, and one B. Go Annie! I thought to myself. It was an all around success. 

I left the email open, as I quickly wandered towards my wardrobe to get changed into my graduation outfit. A black and gold graduation robe, and a graduate cap. I smiled towards my reflection, knowing that I really was ready for this. All of my work had come down to this moment. 

My phone buzzed with a text from Imogen, then, and I went to look at it. 

Imogen: Hey gorgeous, good morning! 

I typed back a response. 

Annie: Hey you, how are you doing? 

Imogen: I'm good. Did you receive your report card?

Annie: I did indeed. 

Imogen: And? 

Annie: A few As and a B! 

Imogen: That's amazing, Annie. Congratulations, beautiful. I can't wait to see you soon. 

Annie: You too! See you in a few. 

My mothers entered my room with a plate stacked high with pancakes. 

"Good morning newly graduated daughter!" they exclaimed with happiness, as they passed me the plate. 

"Thank you both, moms," I grinned. 

"How did you do?" Victoria asked. 

I finished my bite of syrup-coated pancake and smiled towards her. 

"Have a look yourselves," I said to them, and they looked towards my report card displayed on my computer screen with expressions of pride. 

"Well done, Annie!" Kate said. 

"Congratulations, darling. We knew you could do it," Victoria said, "So, next step college?" she wondered. 

"I think so!" I said. 

I hadn't decided quite what I wanted to study yet, but that was okay. 

I knew that Gina was taking a gap year, like me, and Imogen would probably be doing the same. 

We would have plenty of time to hang out. However, I was going to try to get a job, too. 

I knew I could do it. 

Speaking of Gina, my phone soon buzzed to signal to me that I had received a text from her. 

"Time to go to school?" Victoria asked. 

"Yes indeed it is," I replied. 

She smiled. 

"Alright then, Annie. Have a wonderful day!" Kate told me. 

"We'll see you soon," she added. 

I gave them both swift hugs, before rushing downstairs with my backpack to get into the car with Gina.