Chapter 53

Hello! You finally reached the last Chapter of Loving the Bad (Vasquez Cousins #1).

I hope that all of you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I hope you'll support the second book of this series.

Title: The Burning Desire (Vasquez Cousins #2)

Up next is the Epilogue !!

- - - - -

"You sure about this?" I ask him with nervousness.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago lumabi sa kaniya. I bit my lower lip while pinching a small portion of my skin.

"Yeah? I mean, we are fucking getting married." He said like he was so sure.

Later today, we are going to have a family dinner with his whole family. When I say whole, as in whole. Not just with his parents and siblings but also with his other relatives.

Habang ako ay mag-isa lang doon. I can't bring any relative because I don't have one. Yes, I have my tita who treated me poorly and I know that she is still one of my relative but I know that she was not one of the people who made me the person I am today.

Kung mayroon man akong da-dalhin doon ay ang mga magulang ko iyon o mga kaibigan.

As much as I want my parents to see me this happy, I know I can't. But the one thing that I am sure is that they are very much happy watching me from heaven down here as I start a whole new chapter with my love.

And I am kind of worried. Noong huli ko kasing kita sa mama niya ay ayaw niya sa akin. Paano pa kaya ang iba niyang relatives?

He put his hands on my shoulder before looking at my eyes deeply. He gave me his reassuring smile.

"I'm just worried. Your mom doesn't like me, Kai. Baka kasi mamaya things will go down during the dinner." My brows furrowed.

"You don't have to worry. You have me there and my cousins. I won't let them do or say anything painful to you." He cupped my cheeks before sealing me with a kiss.

I exhaled deeply before nodding to him.

"And not all of my tito's and tita's are like mama. Okay?" He chuckled. "I know mama has been hard on you and I know you're scared or mad and you have every right to be. She manipulated us and when she did? Hindi dapat ako nakinig sa mga sinasabi niya."

He clicked his tongue.

"I know that, we. My mama, me and Febbie are one of the reasons why you got broken for a long time and I'm deeply sorry for that. I know you still have your doubts and I want to erase that."

"You're marrying me because of my doubts?" Hindi ako makapaniwalang sinabi iyon sa kaniya.

"N-no! Baby, no..." He looked so alarmed. Umiling siya sa akin ng paulit-ulit.

Hinawakan niya agad ang kamay ko at hinila ako para sa isang malaking yakap.

"Fuck no! I am going to marry you because I love you and I'm so sure that we are going to end up together. Also, because I want to erase every pain, you are hiding." His embrace got even tight.

Hinalikan niya ang aking noo. His warm embrace made me completely forget everything.

I know in my heart, deep down that I am still having my doubts, my little doubts that kept on reminding me how much pain I've endured before.

But those doubts are slowly disappearing. Kai wiped my doubts again. All I know right now is that peace replace my doubts.

"Let me do that for you." I reached for his necktie which he is struggling to tie nicely. "Bakit hindi ka pa din marunong mag-ayos ng necktie?" Muntik ko na siyang masakal.